Intermediate Logic: Mastering Propositional Arguments Student Text
- How to interpret and analyze logical operators and truth tables by reviewing and applying the concepts of validity, contradiction, consistency, and equivalence,
- How to internalize the nine basic rules of inference to derive an argument's conclusions from its premises,
- How to easily determine consistency, self-contradiction, tautology, equivalence, and validity by using truth trees,
- How to apply all these skills to real-life thinkers and writers wherever you encounter them,
- An all-new optional unit on understanding digital logic, the "language" which modern gadgets (from digital alarm clock displays to computer processors) use to function.
This book is a logical progression from Introductory Logic from Canon Press. Refined in the classroom, this text covers propositional logic, proofs, truth tables, truth trees, digital logic, and so much more. Like the first book, this one has been expanded, corrected, and redesigned (it now has 40 consumable lessons). The format is the same as Introductory Logic. The Teacher Edition is recommended. The DVD Set includes lessons from Brian Kohl, who walks you through all 40 lessons. DVD set also includes practice tests. The Homeschool Package contains the Student Text, Teacher Edition, Test & Quiz Packet, and DVD Set.
10 months ago