My First Lab Mega Duo-Scope
From the same company that provided us with an affordable quality microscope (#042050) for young scientists, we are excited to offer this upgrade option. Combines all of the great features of the My First Lab Duo Scope, which are:
- rotatable nosepiece with 4X, 10X, and 40X objectives
- 10X widefield eyepiece on an inclined head
- 6 hole disc diaphragm
- real optical glass lenses
- 3.5" x 3.5" stage with spring clips
- coarse focus knob
- dual LED lights
- powder-coated metal construction and sturdy plastic base
- cordless battery power ( 3 AA batteries, not included)
- Accessory Set: 5 blank slides, 4 prepared slides, 1 concave slide, slide labels, 10 cover glasses, pipette, forceps, lens paper, small plastic test tube, small plastic Petri dish, straight teasing needle, and red and blue dye.
With expanded lab accessories to add more depth to your studies, this set also includes: a cloth dust cover, real bug specimens (2) encased in acrylic for safe viewing, a 20x Handheld Magnifier with LED and Black Light and my personal favorite "extra" the Analyze This! Book. Although designed to accompany the Biology Slide Set from My First Lab, you will find this an excellent resource to any prepared Biology Slide Set (including many of the Apologia biology slides). What I love about this book is the full color photos of authentic, labeled microscope slides. No longer will you or your children have to worry about the accuracy of what your eyes see. Using the slides of your choice, view then draw and identify the specimens in your lab notebook and compare them to the images in this book. No more second-guesses! Also includes a 16 pg. user manual designed to teach compound and stereo microscope use, ideas for observation (with sample images) and user guide for the Handheld Magnifier (Mini-Inspector), including black light experiments. Finally, a microscope designed to grow with your children from middle school through the high school labs. ~Deanne
My First Lab Mega Duo-Scope (Model MFL-26) expands our most popular duo scope in the My First Lab series! Two light sources allow this microscope to magnify both slides and solid objects! View slides, coins, plants, stamps, insects, jewelry and more!
You would need two instruments to view what this one does -- a basic biological scope to look at specimens on a slide (light shines up from under the slide and through the tissue) and a traditional stereo or dissecting microscope to view solid objects at lower power (light shines down onto the specimen to be observed). This new Duo Scope with dual lighting allows for both types of applications! Cordless battery power makes it possible for field study. Priced to fit any budget with the same fine quality as our other scopes.
Added accessories compared to MFL-06
- Analyze This! Book for Amazing real pictures and descriptions_1 of common specimens.
- Cloth Dust Cover - for a stylish way to protect your microscope from dust
- Mini inspector - Imagine taking this microscope and making it the size of your thumb. So now you can take your microscope anywhere Total maginifcation 20X
- Bug Blocks - Real bug specimens enclosed in acrylic, so they are safe for viewing. Bug types may vary