South American Animals Toob
This TOOB features highly detailed and accurate minifigures representing the unique animals found throughout South America including mammals, reptiles, birds and fish. Includes 8 figures: Jaguar, 3 Toed Sloth, Harpy Eagle, Giant Anteater, Capybara, Arapaima, Boto (Amazon River Dolphin) and Black Caiman.
- History: South America is a large continent with a diverse range of ecosystems and climates, including the Andes Mountains and the Amazon River Basin. The rainforests of the Amazon are hugely valuable to the world, in terms of both their biodiversity and the benefit of trees in producing oxygen. The rainforests are under serious threat due to deforestation – forests are being cut down to make way for development of agriculture and farms, as well as human settlements.
- Characteristics: The Amazon River Basin and the rainforests of South America are home to some amazing creatures. In the water we have the Arapaima, one of the world’s largest freshwater fish, the Amazon River Dolphin or Boto, with its unique pink coloration, and the Black Caiman, the largest species of caiman. In the trees of the rainforest you have the slow-moving 3 Toed Sloth, the predatory Jaguar, and the Harpy Eagle, which has the largest talons of any bird of prey. Rounding out the set is the unusual looking Giant Anteater, and the largest rodent in the world, the Capybara.
- Size: About the size of a standard American ruler, this Toob is 1.5 inches long, 1.5 inches wide, and 12.8 inches tall and contains figurines of 9 animals of the South American region that range from 1.25 to 3.75 inches tall.
- All of our products are Non-toxic and BPA free
- 8 pieces per TOOB®. Contents Cannot Be Purchased Individually.
These toobs have approximately 6 - 12 colorful detailed pieces made of solid plastic, and are the perfect size (2-3 inches) for make-believe fun. Go for a long, cold ride with the characters in the Arctic Toob! Or put on your scuba gear and plunge into the deep blue sea with the Ocean Toob! Wherever you take them, you're sure to have fun! Toobs are recommended for ages 3+. The Mega Toobs have the same great figures but with twice as many items (approximately 24).
Kudos to Safari for their persistent efforts to create extremely detailed and authentic figures! Each plastic replica is hand-painted, safety-tested and is lead and phthalate-free. There are so many delightful collections to choose from; see categories below to browse their offerings from dragons to fairies, animals to dinosaurs. While supplies last, get a free Safari Ltd. tote bag with purchase of two or more figures or Toobs!