My Very First Games - My First Orchard
What could be easier to play than Orchard? My First Orchard! The classic game is simplified for the teeniest players in three main ways. First, the raven jigsaw is no more – instead, the bird advances along a track. Second, the ten fruits of each kind have become only four of each. Third, the components are a LOT bigger so they can be more easily grasped by hands that lack much fine motor control. The original rules remain intact, with players cooperatively trying to collect all the fruit before the raven eats it. For 1-4 players, with a game time of about ten minutes. Game includes 1 raven, 1 fruit basket, 4 red apples, 4 green apples, 4 yellow pears, 4 blue plums, 5 raven track cards, 4 trees, 1 color-symbol die, and instructions for play. ~ Janine
Your child will love playing the My Very First Games - My First Orchard game from HABA! A specially designed version of our classic Orchard game, this is a great "first" game for toddlers! The fruit pieces are large, designed for smaller hands, and included is one sturdy basket for children to share for a cooperative game. This set can be used as both a game (with game boards and die) and also as a pretend play set of solid, wooden fruit.
* A simplified variation of the classic "Orchard" game adapted to suit younger players, this game has been enjoyed by families for over 30 years
* Game Idea: Working as a team, the children try to pick the fruits from the trees before the raven reaches the end of the path.
* If the players succeed in harvesting all the fruit before the raven reaches the orchard, they win together! If the raven gets there first, they lose together against the quick, ravenous raven.
* This set can also be used as a pretend play set of solid, wooden fruit.
* This cooperative game is designed to foster social skills and understanding of game rules, develop color recognition skills and teach counting by ones.
1 Raven, 1 fruit basket, 4 green apples, 4 red apples, 4 yellow pears, 4 blue plums, 5 path cards, 4 trees, 1 color-symbol die, set of game instructions
Quick! Work together and harvest all the fruit from the trees before the hungry raven arrives and eats it all! This adorable cooperative game features a bright game board with a different fruit tree pictured on each corner. The center of the game board shows a picture of that pesky raven stealing the fruit. To start, place the 40 colorful, wooden fruit pieces on the trees. Each player has a little basket for harvesting the fruit they collect. Players take turn rolling the die, and picking a fruit of the corresponding color. But watch out! If you roll a raven, you must put one of the 9 crow tiles on the crow picture on the board. If the raven is assembled before all the fruit is harvested, everybody loses! 1-8 players, game play is 10-15 minutes. ~ Megan