Echoes of Eternity: Classical Guide to Music
It's just music; isn't it all a matter of opinion?
In the current renewal of classical education, comments such as these often leave us frustrated. Recovering the lost tools of learning is one thing but getting students to love classical music is another. What precisely is a classical view of music? And in a pop-saturated culture, how do we as educators not only effectively communicate such a view to our students, but also foster a love for what they hear? InEchoes of Eternity, you will discover a rich tapestry of concepts, vocabulary, and listening examples that will equip you to teach and awaken students to the splendor of a classical vision of music. Written for both musicians and non-musicians alike, you will learn:
- A profound theology of music and music practice
- How to explain the objective value of music
- How to clarify the difference between classical and contemporary music
- Ways to incorporate music throughout the school day
- Various cross-cultural examples of music
- And much, much more!