Mand Labs Electronic Series Kit 1 Premium Edition
The Premium Kit includes everything in the Standard Kit (item 072042), plus 29 additional parts to complete the advanced, premium projects. These projects include an IR Security Alarm System, Temperature Sensor, and Joule Thief (Drawing energy from a dead cell). The Standard Kit will open vertically into a personalized workstation, keeping all components easily identifiable and accessible. In your kit you will find a portable breadboard carry case which allows you to take your creations on the go; all required hardware and electronic components, which are quality, industrial grade parts; step-by-step instructions and a flash-drive with 9 hours of learning videos, and two reference books. The interactive videos give students the ability to learn at their own pace and provide lectures, demonstrations, schematics, and assembly of the projects. With just the right mix of theory, practical helps, and graphics, students will be inspired to want to learn. The guidebooks provide more opportunity for in-depth learning and analysis through helpful pictures and illustrations, detailed explanations of components and circuits, a wealth of interesting facts, and “Q-boxes” which answer a variety of related questions.)
The all-in-ones Mand Labs KIT-1: STEM Electronics Kit is your most comprehensive do-it-yourself (DIY) learning kit that takes you on a journey of 60+ hands-on projects from fundamentals of electricity to advanced concepts of transistors in electronics and robotics. And everything is step-by-step.
No prior experience in electronics is required. As a beginner, you start with simple hands-on projects, learn to use a digital multimeter and grab the basic fundamentals of electricity, including charge, voltage, current, resistance, Ohm's law and Kirchhoff laws.
As you advance, you start learning about new components, make more complex projects and progress both in terms of knowledge and skill levels. At the end of level-3, you will be working with sensors and transistors to build interesting projects such as IR security alarm, H-Bridge (motor driver circuit used in Robotics) and many more.
In the process, not only are you able to make projects, but also understand the science behind them using in-depth theoretical and circuit analysis. Designed to be more open, content rich and modular, KIT-1 gives you complete intellect freedom to invent, make mistakes and learn from them. Messing up with real world components and tools, using your imagination and creativity to come up with something new, learning about real world skills and doing everything on your own is what makes it more fun!
Who is it For:
- Age: 9-99
- For students, hobbyists, makers and educators
- 60 experiments pack (covers fundamentals of electricity and electronics)
- 165 electronic components and tools packaged in a portable workstation
- 9 hours of video library for learning at your own pace
- A flash drive containing videos and visual step-by-step project building instructions
- Two reference books for understanding the physics and math behind
- Highly visual and detailed step-by-step building instructions of each project
- Premium projects: IR Security Alarm System, Temperature Sensor, Joule Thief (Drawing energy from a dead cell)
- Unique portable design that opens up into a personalized lab or electronic workstation
- Breadboard carry case
Charge, Battery, Voltage, Current, Resistance, LED, Multimeter, Resistors, Ohm's law, Series and Parallel Combination, Variable Resistors: Potentiometer, Preset and LDR, Switches, Capacitors, Relay, Semiconductors, Diode and Its Types, Digital Logic Gates: NOT, OR, AND, NOT, NAND, Zener Diode, DC Motor, Transistors, Inductors, IR (Infrared) LED, Photodiode, Temperature Sensor (Thermistor).
Some Exciting Projects:
Automatic Night Lamp, Burglar Alarm, Touch Activated Switch (passing current through body), LED Flasher/Blinker, Sequential Glowing of LEDs, Staircase Lighting, Alternate light control using a Preset, DC Motor as Generator, IR Security Alarm System, Temperature Sensor, Joule Thief (Drawing Energy from a Dead Cell).
- Prepares you for college level physics (AP physics C, Electrical Engineering 101, IGCSE Physics)
- Gain prototyping skills needed for a successful STEM career
- Understand the technology around and learn about mind blowing facts
- Become a maker of technology rather than being a consumer of it
- Educators and maker spaces can convert their classrooms into an electronic playground and conduct hands-on activities or workshops
- Makers and hobbyists can brush up their fundamentals and invent more
- Parents and homeschoolers can run a full-semester course on electrical engineering
Designed to inspire students to experiment, explore, and pursue science and engineering, these hands-on kits equip young people to learn the fundamentals of basic electrical and electronic engineering. As they explore and experiment, students will develop problem solving skills for applying scientific and engineering concepts to real-world problems. Covering the fundamentals of basic electrical and electronics in three levels, each kit progresses from simple to complicated projects. Standard and Premium Kits are available, and both are CE and ISO 9001:2008 certified, so they conform to the International Quality Standards. Kits contain everything necessary to complete 50+ activities. Contents include manual and electronic instructions, breadboard carrying case, and a flash drive with 9 hours of learning videos and two reference books for in-depth learning, and a portable workstation. Step-by-step building instructions are included. All required hardware and electronic components are included, and have been selected for their industrial grade quality. Most projects will take less than 30 minutes. Students will be eager to learn with these fun and well-designed kits that will inspire DIY experimentation and learning. These kits will help your student to develop the skills to become a technology mover and shaker! ~Deanne