Following How to Use instructions and filled-in examples, Class Description Pages (30) provide space for Description, Curriculum/Other Resources, Key Readings, Writing/Projects/Experiments, Date Completed, and Grade.
The High School Student Record provides a compact space for keeping a permanent record of homeschooling the high school years.
At the beginning of each school year, use one Class Profile page to record a course description and the primary readings and assignments for each class the student takes. If you've filled out the 12-Year Planner (sold separately), you can simply transfer basic information to the High School Student Record, and add additional details customized to the specific student. At the end of each semester or year, add the date completed, evaluation criteria, a grade, and any additional notes to each class.
Benefits of the High School Student Record:
- Instructions and four filled-out Class Profile models help you see what sorts of things to include (and where to begin finding information)
- Compact size is easy to update and keeps you focused on the big picture (you won't dread record-keeping any more!)
- Having a simple, all-in-one-place record for each student makes it easy to see progress from year to year
- Having a compact, easy-to-access record of your student's studies is handy to have if the student transfers into another type of schooling
- Class Profiles provide supporting information for each course listed on the student's high school transcript
It happens every time I see a Janice Campbell program! My initial "Is that all there is?" changes to "Wow! Everything you need is here." Peaceful Planning is no exception. Deceptively simple yet thorough, its a system for planning your childs entire homeschool career and keeping their yearly records all in one place. Start with the 12-Year Planner where you sketch out an overview of what you want to cover each year. Yearly records in synopsis fashion are kept in the K-8 and High School Student Records. An organizational binder for you and a larger binder for each child keeps yearly specifics and student work samples. Each book provides straight-forward instructions, examples, and blank pages for concise records that provide ready access for oversight organizations, college search and/or transcript needs. This compact system will work well for Charlotte Mason literature intensive as well as traditional textbook approaches. Books are about 40 pgs each, stapled. ~ Janice