Early Bird: Ocean
Foster a love of reading and help your child get ready for kindergarten. Your child will enjoy the illustrated stories and activities, which are related to ocean plants and animals and protecting ocean life by keeping beaches clean. You will appreciate the engaging language, math, and alphabet card activities that teach basic reading and math readiness skills.
Early Bird: Oceanincludes:
- Three colorful storybooks: 1, 2, 3 What Do You See?, I Live in the Ocean, and Clean It Up! Your child can read the story aloud or listen to you read the story to him or her. The interesting topics and illustrations motivate children to read.
- Fun activities that provide age-appropriate practice of language, math, and fine motor skills. After each story, the activity pages help your child show what he or she learned and practice fundamental skills. Sample skills include:
- Following directions; story comprehension; left-to-right tracking
- Counting to 20; geometric shapes; graphing
- Rhymes and chantsto help your child learn new vocabulary
- Theme-based alphabet cards with games. The flashcards can be cut and sorted to play fun matching games with your child. Hands-on activities further help your child learn letters and their sounds.
- Answer key
Well respected publisher, Evan-Moor, once again provides teachers and parents an excellent resource for young learners. Focusing on math and language arts skills, each workbook contains 3 stories to read with your child with related activity pages. Begin by reading the story and asking simple comprehension questions outlined in the parent information. After the reading, age appropriate skills are reinforced including following directions, story comprehension, rhyming, descriptive and comparative language, phonemic awareness, auditory and visual discrimination, vocabulary development, sequencing, counting to 20, patterning, number recognition, shapes, matching, graphing and much more. Each activity includes simple instructions or notes on the page. Theme based alphabet cards and game suggestions are also included along with an answer key. An excellent introduction to learning, this would be a wonderful way for preschoolers to feel a part of your daily lessons or make an excellent foundation for a preschool curriculum. Colorful pages. Non-reproducible. 64 pgs, pb. ~ Deanne