Building Writers Student Workbook E (4)
Dialogue; fables; cause and effect; maps; famous statues; states; fiction and non-fiction and more.
Our Building Writers composition workbooks offer extra practice for writing skills development and can be easily incorporated into a writing block as independent writing or as whole group practice to meet your students' varying needs. Students become better, more fluent writers as they write about cross-curricular topics and practice three writing styles: narrative, information, and opinion.
- Structured practice to build core writing skills
- Developmental approach to writing
- Offers customizable writing templates to fit with any topic
- Builds confident communicators and improves overall communication skills
- Practical application of handwriting skills
- Eliminates the need for worksheets
Building Writers (E)
Fourth Grade students practice three writing styles:
- Narrative: Students write a story with a clear sequence of events; introduce a narrator and characters; enhance the story with dialogue and description; and use a variety of transitional words and phrases to show the order of events
- Information: Students practice clearly introducing a topic; organizing their information into paragraphs and sections; writing facts, definitions, and details about their topic; using topic-specific vocabulary; connecting ideas with linking words and phrases; and writing a conclusion
- Opinion: Students clearly state their opinion and introduction; organize their supporting reasons; write facts and details; clearly connect their opinions and reasons with linking words; and write a conclusion
These workbooks from Learning without Tears, are created to give children structured practice in core writing skills. Each workbook focuses on three writing types: narrative, information and opinion. Each workbook's content is developmentally appropriate and scaffolded to progressively move students toward stronger understanding and greater independence in writing. Each workbook also contains templates at the end of each section for further practice. Workbooks include a brief overview of the course and each of the writing topics are introduced and taught. See the publisher's web site for a teacher's guide to use these in a classroom. See leveled books for more information on content and style. 86 pgs, pb. ~ Deanne
These materials focus on providing writing practice and offer little to no instruction.