Building Writers Student Workbook B
Copywork, sentence prompts, short answer questions, free drawing, and simple labeling exercises.
Our Building Writers composition workbooks offer extra practice for writing skills development and can be easily incorporated into a writing block as independent writing or as whole group practice to meet your students' varying needs. Students become better, more fluent writers as they write about cross-curricular topics and practice three writing styles: narrative, information, and opinion.
- Structured practice to build core writing skills
- Developmental approach to writing
- Offers customizable writing templates to fit with any topic
- Builds confident communicators and improves overall communication skills
- Practical application of handwriting skills
- Eliminates the need for worksheets
Building Writers (B)
First grade students practice three styles of writing:
- Narrative: Write a story in order with details and an ending
- Information: Write topic sentences, facts about their topic, and an ending
- Opinion: Write an introduction that states their opinion, reasons that support their opinion, and a conclusion
New from Learning without Tears, these workbooks are created to give children structured practice in core writing skills. Each workbook focuses on three writing types: narrative, information and opinion. Each workbook's content is developmentally appropriate and scaffolded to progressively move students toward stronger understanding and greater independence in writing. Each workbook also contains templates at the end of each section for further practice. Workbooks include a brief overview of the course and each of the writing topics are introduced and taught. A downloadable teacher resource PDF is available for free on our website. See leveled books for more information on content and style. 86 pgs, pb. ~ Deanne
These materials focus on providing writing practice and offer little to no instruction.