Brain Integration Therapy Program (2020 Edtn)
Designed for home use, this manual is well organized and instructive for parents and teachers. Beginning with the four important steps for starting brain integration therapy, Mrs. Craft provides clear explanations, a glossary of terms, diagnostic checklists, step by step instructions, black and white photo illustrations, case studies, and daily lesson plans for reading, writing, spelling and math in this resource. Additionally, purchasers receive a website link and unique code to a Demonstration and Explanation Video (1 hour), the 18"x 12" Writing Eight Exercise Writing template, and email support (if needed) with Mrs. Craft.
Beginning with a clear introduction to brain integration therapy she walks you through a brief overview on struggling learners, the importance of crawling in development, and understanding the function of the brain with a focus on the role of the left and right brain. She then introduces us to the four learning gates: Visual Processing, Visual/Motor (writing), Auditory Processing, and Attention/Focusing/Behavior. Observable characteristics of the blocked gates are presented with further explanations. For example, a parent might recognize that their child who is struggling to learn to read has a blocked Visual Processing gate if the child needs to underline or point to each word as they read or reverses letters (or words) while reading. While the manual focuses on therapies to improve blocks in the first three gates, Mrs. Craft does offer detailed information on correcting a blocked Attention/Focusing/Behavior gate in her Biology of Behavior CD set with instructional booklet and supplement schedule, which is available separately. The remaining sections in the manual are dedicated to explaining a variety of exercises to improve brain integration. These include detailed explanations and step by step instructions paired with numerous black and white photos for illustration. Families will appreciate the appendices which include the daily lesson plans, informal assessments and checklists, case studies, and helpful FAQs.
The suggested schedule is divided into three areas: Brain Training Sequences designed to be done daily Monday through Thursday (15-20 minutes per day per affected learning gate); the once a week Brain Training Session (20-30 minutes) and daily lesson plans for reading, writing and math. Parents will find time spent in each subject varies but parents should anticipate 30-45 minutes daily on each subject. Depending on child’s needs, the brain integration activities and daily lesson plans/strategies may replace your current curriculum. There are additional recommendations to follow the daily lessons and vary based on the child’s needs. For example: additional resources from Dianne Craft, Merrill Readers, Vocabulary Cartoons, Winston Grammar and others.
All in all, this is a user-friendly guide for home use. The exercises are well explained and formatted. The background information provides the parent with a deeper understanding of children with learning glitches. Detailed diagnostic checklists, a diagnostic reading grade placement test, case studies and the optional online support from Mrs. Craft provide parents with necessary tools to best meet the needs of their unique learner. One caveat I would make is regarding the time commitment necessary to gain full benefit of the brain training. The program described will be time intensive for the parent, and the author acknowledges that a parent's willingness to devote a consistent and fairly intense effort is vital to success. If you are looking for something more specific in scope, we also offer numerous targeted resources from Mrs. Craft. DVDs and print resources may be used independently as standalone products or in tandem as they complement each other well. There is minor overlap between the Brain Integration Manual and her workshop DVDs, but there is not a great deal of redundancy and using them together provides parents with additional tools. 2020 Edition. Spiral bound with included template. 170 pgs. ~ Deanne
Dianne Crafts Brain Integration Therapy Manual has been updated and includes a LIVE demonstration video, photo demonstrations, step-by-step graphic guides, detailed Brain Training instructions, charts to track your progress, and much more. You will find that the 2020 edition of the Brain Integration Therapy Manual is more than just a manual, but is your new tool to successfully eliminate your child or students learning glitches. You will also find easy to follow daily lesson plans for reading, writing, spelling and math along with, case studies, and additional information that goes beyond Brain Integration Therapy that will assist you in educating your intelligent yet struggling learner.
Whats in the 2020 edition?
- Demonstration and Explanation Video: Dianne Craft and Cassie Moore break down the steps of Brain Integration Therapy and how to ensure you are using the manual correctly. We want you to experience the most success with your chid or student using this powerful at-home midline therapy. Upon purchase of the 2020 Edition of the manual, you will have access to the demonstration video on your account with us as well as the option to purchase the Demonstration Video on your very own DVD.
- Reorganized Steps to Follow: We heard you. This manual has so much information to digest, that it needed better organization to better understand the steps and implement them into your current teaching schedule. We have broken down these steps in both the manual and demonstration video to help you dive into this at-home midline therapy with ease.
- Detailed diagnostic checklists for each of the processing problem areas a child could be experiencing:
- Visual Processing Problems (reading reversals, eye convergence and eye tracking issues, tires easily when reading)
- Writing/Fine Motor processing problems (greatly labored writing, dysgraphia, find motor issues, child who is allergic to a pencil)
- Auditory Processing problems (cant remember phonics, sight words hard, oral directions difficult, scrambles words when saying them, etc.)
- Pictures of children demonstrating every single step of the all important once a week Brain Training, and the daily 20 minute exercise routine. This is easy to follow!
- Clear explanation and examples of each of the 10 Auditory Processing "channels" that can be blocked in a child, and how to correct these blocks. - - --- Comes with charts to help you diagnose and help you track your childs progress.
- Case studies of children who have just one learning gate blocked, two learning gates blocked, three learning gates blocked, or all four learning gates blocked. - - This will make it easier for you to see where your childs issues are, and what to do about them.
- A diagnostic reading grade-placement test that we give at the beginning of this process, and then every 3 months, to track the childs progress in reading as we do this therapy.
- Daily Lesson plans for Reading, Writing, Spelling and Math. These lesson plans are invaluable in your work with a struggling child. They give the daily routine using Brain Integration Therapy to remove learning glitches, along with the Right Brain teaching strategies that I used to bypass the learning glitches in a child. These are the very lesson plans that I used in my Resource Room to achieve the 2 year growth in reading and writing in a year. The Right Brain teaching strategies help a child feel smart right away (using their photographic memory strength), while the Brain Integration Brain Training done once a week, eventually makes enough pathways connecting both brain hemispheres that the child will not need Right Brain teaching strategies all of his life.
- The offer of continued follow-up via email with you from Dianne Craft and staff, if you so desire, as you go through this process of correction with your child, so that you can be assured of success.
3 months ago
10 months ago
1 year ago
over 3 years ago
over 5 years ago