Barron's SAT Express
Tackling one of the monster SAT test prep books is fine if you have a semester or more to prepare. But if you find yourself with less time than that or if you want to prep more efficiently, SAT Express provides the study framework. With an overview of the test, specific chapters on each part, and test-taking strategies, along with practice test/answer explanations, it has all the basics you expect. However, it also has a finely developed strategic planning sense about it. With study schedules for two months, one month, two weeks and even one week before the test, it targets prep work with an eye to efficiency, effectiveness, and (what I appreciate most) logic and reasoning skills. 300 pgs, pb. ~ Janice
Dont want to waste time on subject reviews because youve been there, done that? Pressed for time, or yearning for tips and strategies that will make it easier to succeed on the SAT? Then reach forSAT Express.
Youll find all the tips, tactics, and strategies you need to ace the test, including:
- An introduction to the SAT: When its given, how its scored, and when to take it
- Part One: Seeing the logic, balance, and details in English
- Part Two: The Reading Test: learning vocabulary, matching your questions, staying focused attacking special question types, plus reading, writing, and planning the optional essay
- Part Three: The Math Test: Calculator and Non-Calculator Sections, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Math in the Real World, Know General Math Tactics first, Practice Specific Types of Math Problems Second
- Part Four: Putting it All Together. Includes a practice test with explanations of practice test questions and instructions for calculating your score
SAT Expressis the fastest route to the highest score. This completely new book offers a laser-like focus on concepts and strategies, giving you the edge you need over other test-takers. Includes appendixes of BIG strategies and Important Math Tactics.