Consumer Mathematics Skills and Review Exercises
This set of review exercises is designed to accompany the Consumer Math student text. Exercises are correlated to the text, and reinforce the lesson for the day, providing the practice needed for mastery. I find this book to be helpful for extra practice. ~Amber
From reading electric meters to figuring the cost for carpeting a room, your students will get the practice and review of skills he needs as a consumer with this essential workbook. Designed to accompany the Consumer Mathematics textbook, this workbook includes the following:
* The 120 short practice exercises at the front of the book review percentages, decimals, fractions, simple interest, word problems, and other general mathematical concepts. They are completed during Homework Check Time, and some are designed as optional quizzes as explained in the lesson plans in the Consumer Mathematics Teacher Edition.
* A “Skills Check” for each textbook section reinforces essential mathematical skills needed to apply the concepts. For instance, your class will practice finding percentages, using formulas, completing ratios, converting fractions to decimals, and many other mathematical skills. After studying the text lesson and completing these practice problems, your students can approach the text exercises with confidence!
* “Review Exercises” are correlated to the textbook lessons. Designed to be completed apart from class time, they check if your students are understanding the skills and concepts as they work outside the classroom.
* Each unit ends with one or more review lessons. Cumulative review lessons following units 6 and 12 prepare your students for the semester exam. These reviews give your students the ample practice they need to learn how to properly earn and manage money.
* The wide variety of formats for the exercises includes computation, completing charts, an abundance of practical word problems, true/false, matching, and more. The variety of formats keeps your students interested and makes sure they understands the concepts, no matter how they are presented.
Presents the topics of buying a car; travel; income; budgeting; housing; food; clothing; leisure activities; federal taxes and records; banking and investments; the small business. 170 lessons
Although new to our catalog, this math curriculum is certainly not new to the homeschool community. Abeka has been a tried-and-true math program amongst homeschoolers for many years. Taking a traditional, spiral approach, this series presents math concepts at the simplest level and builds on those concepts each year while offering continual review so students can fully grasp the concepts being taught. Abeka also teaches math from a faith based worldview and integrates biblical application throughout the program.
The elementary math lays a solid foundation for the higher level mathematics, and emphasizes oral and written drill. For the younger grade levels, the lesson instruction includes visual aids, games and activities. As the grades progress, the lessons become more independent but are still teacher directed. For Kindergarten, a worktext and teacher key is available along with several manipulative components. Math kits for grades 1-6 are sold in a child and parent kit (each sold separately). The child kit includes the consumable worktext and a test/speed drills book. The contents of the parent kit vary depending on the grade level; however all will include a curriculum guide for lesson plans as well as answer keys for the worktext and test/speed drills. It is suggested to purchase both the student and parent kits for a full math curriculum. The curriculum guide incorporates flashcards/charts into some of the lessons. These are available to purchase separately.
Junior high moves toward Intermediate Mathematics and PreAlgebra. Worktexts at these levels are still consumable. Intermediate Mathematics is a new and improved seventh grade course, reviewing all math skills previously learned while introducing algebra and geometry. This new course focuses more on understanding the concepts rather than just memorizing. The Intermediate Kit includes the worktext and test/quiz book. A teacher edition, solution key, supplemental exercises book and key are all available for this level. The newly revised PreAlgebra text continues with review and bridges the gap between basic mathematical concepts and more advanced topics. This level has a worktext, quiz/test book and key, teacher edition, and solution key.
High school levels include Algebra 1 through Precalculus. Concepts are taught in a clear, logical order with detailed explanations and step-by-step examples. Student textbooks are non-consumable at this level. Each section has practice problems taught in that section and review problems from previous sections. A teacher edition (to help guide your student through the courses), solution key, quiz/test book and key are also available for each course.
Abeka Math is a solid, traditional math program with a biblical focus. Each year builds upon the previous while continuing to review. The math facts are drilled and mastered at the elementary levels so students can be confident and successful in subsequent levels. The review can move rather quickly; therefore if your student is moving into Abeka from another program, you should consider taking a look at the scope and sequence before deciding where to start in the series.
- Ruth W on Nov 11, 2022
- Purchased on Aug 10, 2022