Science Instructor Guide Level C 5-Day (2021)
This Sonlight Science C Instructor's Guide will:
- Provide the framework for what books to read and when, and what experiments to do. The IG also includes question prompts, explanations, hands-on activities (beyond the experiments), and additional notes to enhance the reading and reinforce what your students are learning.
- Eliminate the frustration and untold hours you could spend to plan, research, develop and sustain your own curriculum. We've done all of the heavy lifting for you.
- Save you from ever having to create another lesson plan. Never again stay up late or rise early, wondering what you're going to teach next — all lesson plans are included.
- Keep your students right on schedule, so you know exactly where you should be. No more anxiety about pushing too hard or pacing the year too slowly — the IG shows you what to cover, every day.
- Serve as a roadmap that shows you where you're going and exactly how to get there, yet offer the flexibility to accommodate diverse learning styles.
- Include a list of what supplies you will need both for the current week and the week to come. (Need to save a milk carton for next week? Now you know!)
Have you ever wished you had time to pull together well-loved books, experiments, and activity sheets that would enhance the study of science? Sonlight Science has done the work for you! Offering a well-organized, complete homeschool science program, there is a 4 or 5-day program available to meet your family’s needs. Each Program Kit includes an Instructor Guide, as well as quality children’s books from publishers like DK, Usborne and Magic School Bus , and lab supplies. Please note, there are some additional, common items that you will need to supply. Getting started is easy! The Instructor Guide provides everything you need to teach successfully. Teaching information, comprehensive lesson plans, student activity pages, answers, supply and book lists are all provided. It also addresses evolution, and young earth/old-earth creation, successfully equipping and encouraging parents to discuss different views with their children. Student Activity Sheets are included in the instructor’s guide and are reproducible for your family, or available to purchase separately. If you are unsure whether to purchase the 4-day or 5-day path, be assured that the heart of the hands-on, living book science instruction is essentially the same. The 4-day course omits a few activities and readings while still providing the excellent science instruction you have come to expect from Sonlight!
The Sonlight Science series is in the process of being updated to meet Next Generation Science Standards (currently Level K through Level C). There are, however, some additional changes to note: experiments directly line up with the readings and the addition of a Discover & Do Science Experiment Book . The Discover and Do Science DVDs are being phased out in the updated editions and are available as a download from Sonlight for an additional cost . These optional resources help families who are not able to complete the hands-on activities. The included Discover & Do Science Experiment Book contains teaching information, step-by-step instructions, and worksheets for all planned activities and are complete without the video component. Levels D through Ghave an updated 2020 copyright. Although not aligned (yet) with the Next Generation Standards, out-of-print books have been replaced and the Instructor Guides and Student Activity Sheets updated to align with the book changes. See individual descriptions for more information.
Items listed in this section tend to be complete science programs with a teacher and student component, requiring few supplements besides science supplies.