Progressive Beginner Drums with Online Video & Audio
Designed for the actual beginner, this series assumes no prior knowledge of drums. It starts with the basics: knowing the parts of a drumkit, how to sit, how to hold the drumsticks and how to read drum music. There are ten lessons in all, covering topics such as notes and rests, building a drum beat, rock beats, drum variations for snare and bass, playing fills, using the crash cymbal, 12 bar blues, paradiddle, ghost notes, jazz beats, different time signatures, playing with a band and much more. Pages feature black-and-white photos and illustrations, but a full-color drum chart is included. There is additional online video and audio content for all lessons; instructions for accessing this is found inside the front cover. There are videos of teacher demonstrations, instrument animations and music animations. Online audio files include full mixes (music played with a band), solo mixes (music played only on the drums) and backing mixes (music to play along with when you're ready). For the motivated student with online access and their own instrument, this book will get them off to a great start!
Teach yourself how to play drums with our easy drum lessons for beginners.
Progressive Beginner Drums contains all you need to know to start learning to be a great drummer - in one easy-to-follow, lesson-by-lesson drum tutorial. Suitable for all ages and all types of drum kits. No prior knowledge of how to read music or playing the drums is required to teach yourself to learn to play drums from this book.
- How to play using all the drums and cymbals in the entire drum kit
- How to play drum beats used in popular drum grooves
- All the fundamental drum rudiments and drum techniques including playing accents, ghost notes, paradiddles, side stick and open hi-hat
- Drum theory for learning how to read drum music for beginners
- Drum tips and drum tricks that every player should know when learning drums
- Shortcuts for how to learn drums fast by getting the most from drum practice sessions
Contains everything you need to know to learn to play the drums today.
- Progressive step-by-step easy beginners drum lessons written by a professional drum teacher
- Easy-to-read drum music for beginners
- 133 drum exercises, drum rhythms and drum fills for playing drum beats used in rock drumming, blues drumming, funk drumming, country drumming and jazz drumming
- Free poster
These courses are also for the very beginner, but they target older beginners, especially teenagers. The books are not jazzed up at all; they are filled solely with text and music. Although they target a slightly older crowd, they do not assume any previous knowledge and the instruction is given in an easy to follow format. Musical notation, rhythm, and note reading are covered as students progress through the course. Each book includes audio and video with all of the music from the books showing you exactly how to play each piece.
Newer books will have audio and video files online with an access code found in the book while older