America: Land I Love in Christian Perspective Student Test Book
Includes 12 tests correlating to the America: Land I Love textbook. Answers are in a separate key.
Is your child discerning the qualities that made America great and philosophies that have harmed it? You will know that your child is growing in both knowledge and discernment with these quality tests covering history and geography of the Western Hemisphere. The tests help you evaluate your child’s understanding of his two texts America: Land I Love in Christian Perspective, 3rd ed., and Geography Studies and Projects of the Western Hemisphere, 3rd ed. (Note that content from the Civics Activity Book, which counts as its own test grade, is not included in the test book.)
The test book is also correlated with America: Land I Love Quizzes and America: Land I Love in Christian Perspective Teacher Edition, which includes the daily lesson plans. Answers and grading guidance for the test book are sold separately in America: Land I Love Test Key. Gr. 8.
* Essay questions of multiple parts build the listening and thinking skills that your eighth grader will need for high school. He will be asked to compare and contrast, evaluate philosophies, and explain causes and consequences of historical events.
* A map location section on nearly every test ensures that your child knows the setting of history, broadening his understanding.
* Sections that call for him to put historical events in order start building his general timetable of history.
* Both objective and essay questions encourage your child to interpret historical events from a biblical worldview.
* A variety of question formats require your child to consider the content from different aspects and hold his attention.
* Testing every three weeks (for a total of 12 tests) provides vital reinforcement of learning and an opportunity for your evaluation of your child’s comprehension.
* Two nine-week exams and semester and final exams further reinforce concepts.
* Since each test clearly specifies the sections covered, adjusting a test to your schedule is easy.
* Preparing a current events report is easy with the bonus template and instructions provided at the beginning of the test book.
History is important. As children learn about past events and how such things relate to current issues, it helps them to understand societies and become better citizens. Abeka’s history courses present history from a biblical perspective with a conservative, patriotic view. As students study our country, the world, as well as forms of government and citizenship, they develop a deeper understanding of history and learn about heroes showing bravery, courage, and diligence. Geography is also interwoven into the lessons, so students can make connections to the history they are studying (some grade levels have a separate workbook and answer key for map activities).
Taking a traditional approach, softcover Student Textbooks are in full color and written in an understandable format for each age group. Tests and quizzes are available to provide assessments. Grades 1-4 pivot toward the study of America and geography, giving students a solid foundation of American history and the great people who have helped shape our country in a positive manner. Grades 5-8 go into more detail about both world and American history along with geography, as students learn about the Eastern Hemisphere in grade 5 and the Western Hemisphere in grade 6. Grade 7 is an overview of world history and grade 8 is a United States history course. High school courses cover geography, world history, US history, American government, and economics.
There are several components to aid in the teaching of these courses. Teacher Editions have reduced-sized student pages, along with comprehension or discussion questions and detailed information on teaching the lesson. Curriculum Lesson Plans are (lesson plan) guides for the teacher and include enrichment activities. Answer Keys to the student textbook provide answers to Section and Chapter Review questions. Several resources are also available for grades 4-8 as support materials: My State Notebook (grade 4), Nation Notebook (grades 4-6), Nifty-Fifty Flashcards (grades 4-8), and Eastern (grades 5-8) and Western (grades 6-8) Hemisphere Map Skill Cards. Novels and biographies are suggested as additional reading material in certain grade levels.
Abeka provides a solid, grade leveled study of history that incorporates a biblical view with a focus on American patriotism. Students will see God’s hand in history and benefit from learning about past events so they can impact the future in a useful way.