America: Land I Love in Christian Perspective Student Quiz Book
Includes 44 quizzes correlating to the America: Land I Love history course. Answers are in a separate key.
No surprises at test time. Use this quiz book to accurately evaluate your child’s recall and understanding. In the process, he will also grow in admiration for the people and concepts that led to America’s greatness.
The quiz book is correlated with America: Land I Love in Christian Perspective, 3rd ed.; America: Land I Love Tests; and America: Land I Love in Christian Perspective Teacher Edition, which includes the daily lesson plans. Note that other quiz grades for the course include “pop” reading quizzes given in the daily plans, graded geography/history projects (see Western Hemisphere Geography Studies and Projects), and current event reports. Answers and grading guidance for the quiz book are sold separately in America: Land I Love Quiz Key. Grade 8.
* The 44 quizzes provide at least one quiz for each of the 24 chapters in America: Land I Love, providing valuable reinforcement of learning and preparation for tests.
* Quizzes on the memorization of the preamble to the Constitution and its First Amendment ingrain important principles at the heart of America’s founding.
* Quizzes on memory work such as state capitals, state locations, and names of the Presidents in order encourage your child to have a solid grasp of this foundational knowledge for a study of U.S. history.
* A variety of question formats on the quizzes such as multiple choice, modified true/false, matching, and short answer holds your child’s interest and verifies whether he understands a concept, no matter how it is presented.
* Each of the quizzes clearly indicates the textbook section it covers, making it easy to adjust quizzes to your schedule.
History is important. As children learn about past events and how such things relate to current issues, it helps them to understand societies and become better citizens. Abeka’s history courses present history from a biblical perspective with a conservative, patriotic view. As students study our country, the world, as well as forms of government and citizenship, they develop a deeper understanding of history and learn about heroes showing bravery, courage, and diligence. Geography is also interwoven into the lessons, so students can make connections to the history they are studying (some grade levels have a separate workbook and answer key for map activities).
Taking a traditional approach, softcover Student Textbooks are in full color and written in an understandable format for each age group. Tests and quizzes are available to provide assessments. Grades 1-4 pivot toward the study of America and geography, giving students a solid foundation of American history and the great people who have helped shape our country in a positive manner. Grades 5-8 go into more detail about both world and American history along with geography, as students learn about the Eastern Hemisphere in grade 5 and the Western Hemisphere in grade 6. Grade 7 is an overview of world history and grade 8 is a United States history course. High school courses cover geography, world history, US history, American government, and economics.
There are several components to aid in the teaching of these courses. Teacher Editions have reduced-sized student pages, along with comprehension or discussion questions and detailed information on teaching the lesson. Curriculum Lesson Plans are (lesson plan) guides for the teacher and include enrichment activities. Answer Keys to the student textbook provide answers to Section and Chapter Review questions. Several resources are also available for grades 4-8 as support materials: My State Notebook (grade 4), Nation Notebook (grades 4-6), Nifty-Fifty Flashcards (grades 4-8), and Eastern (grades 5-8) and Western (grades 6-8) Hemisphere Map Skill Cards. Novels and biographies are suggested as additional reading material in certain grade levels.
Abeka provides a solid, grade leveled study of history that incorporates a biblical view with a focus on American patriotism. Students will see God’s hand in history and benefit from learning about past events so they can impact the future in a useful way.