Abeka Child Kit K5 (Cursive)
With the K5 Cursive Child Kit, your 5-year-old will be given the foundation for a lifelong love of reading and learning! The quick success that your kindergartner gains by learning to read phonetically makes reading so much fun! He will soon become an independent reader with stories that keep his interest. The kit includes all of the child’s essential materials—a total of 20 items. Combine this kit with the K5 Cursive Parent Kit, and your child will become ready for first grade!
* Phonics—Your child will enjoy carefully sequenced activities that will teach him his vowels, consonants, blends, one- and two-vowel words, and special sounds. Abeka phonics has produced thousands of successful readers for more than half a century!
* Reading—Building on this foundation of phonics, by end of first semester your child will actually be reading little readers!
* Cursive writing—The continuous flow of cursive writing is much more natural for little ones than the starts and stops of manuscript writing. Research shows that learning cursive writing improves a child’s hand-eye coordination, motor skills, and other brain and memory functions, including increased focus and prolonged attention. Prepare to be amazed with your child’s beautiful writing skills as he learns good technique from the beginning.
* Numbers—Your child will memorize addition facts up through the number 10 and will be able to identify what numbers come before and after any number from 1 to 100. He will also begin to learn about subtraction, complete one-step story problems with addition, and recognize the largest and smallest numbers from a set of numbers.
* Development Skills—The coloring pages, mazes, directed-art pages, and other activities in Think and Learn K5 aid your kindergartener in the development of writing readiness, hand-eye coordination, visual perception, listening and thinking skills, and good character.
The Abeka Curriculum Kits are designed so parents can tailor them specifically to their child’s age (4 or 5), developmental stage and handwriting style. K5 kits emphasize phonics toward the goal of reading sentences and stories, while combining poetry memorization and handwriting skills. Math skills move from single digits to simple addition and one-step story problems, including money and time. Choose either a bound Cursive or bound Manuscript Child Kit and the corresponding parent kit.
Leading in Christian education for over 40 years, the Abeka® curriculum distinguishes itself by implementing spiraled instruction, consistently reviewing content and skills within a specific subject and integrating these across the core subjects. In addition, Abeka’s regular pattern of course material revisions help to keep the curriculum effective and relevant. Geared specifically to your child’s development, these bound, Full Curriculum Kits provide the essential materials for the core subjects (English, Math, History and Science). Full Curriculum requires the purchase of a Parent Kit and a Child Kit and will include the main textbooks, Teacher editions, quiz and test booklets, answer keys and more.