501 Spanish Verbs Eighth Edition with Online Audio
Now in the 8th edition, this resource includes bonus online content, including audio files and a variety of exercises to complement the book material.
The authors focus directly on a command of Spanish verbs"and fluency in Spanish starts with knowledge of verbs. This new eighth edition shows students and travelers exactly how to use the 501 most common and useful Spanish verbs in all 15 tenses and moods. Each verb is alphabetically listed in easy-to-follow chart form, one verb per page with its English translation.
Bonus Online Component:includes a link to online content that presents language-learning aids and audio files that review the formation and usage of Spanish verb forms.
Helpful features include"
- Formation and usage of Spanish verb tenses and moods summarized as they relate to their English equivalents
- The 55 most essential Spanish verbs used in context
- Another 2,200 regular verbs conjugated like the book's 501 model verbs
- Verbs in idiomatic phrases
- Passive and active voice formations
- Updated sentences demonstrating Spanish verb usage in all tenses
- Exercises in Spanish verb usage with answers
- Even more entries in the English-Spanish verb index
- Information covering impersonal verbs, weather expressions, and more
In my high school French classroom, I always kept a set of these reference books for my students. 501 Verbs is a quality reference for student to use to expand their vocabulary and increase their fluency. The most common verbs are listed alphabetically by their infinitives (ie. to be, to play, to see, etc.). Under each verb are listed the conjugations for 14 different verb tenses. Common idioms that use the verbs are also included.
The CD-ROMs (not included with German #008943) have exercises you can print and complete. Some of these include: sentence completion, dialogues, word completion, word searches, and matching, all with an answer key.
Audio CDs have listening comprehension exercises to improve your pronunciation and verb conjugations. These CDs are compatible with your iPhone, iPod and other devices.
Students who are in the second year (or more) of language study will benefit most from this valuable resource book, since this is when they are getting into writing in the language. An easy-to-use, helpful resource as language students move forward in their studies. 730+ pgs, pb. ~ Sara