Arithmetic 6 Parent Kit (4th Edition)
Keep your homeschool on track and organized with the Grade 6 Arithmetic Parent Kit. The 5 items include 170 days of easy-to-use lesson plans, a copy of the arithmetic text with answers, answer keys for all tests and speed drills, and visual aids—all the essentials! Combine with the Grade 6 Arithmetic Child Kit to confidently teach arithmetic from a biblical worldview.
* Clear and easy. You can do it! We have the materials you need and show you how to use them with clear, step-by-step instructions, and detailed lesson plans that save you hours of preparation time.
* Proven success. You want methods and materials that work. See your child achieve the academic excellence and moral character that will leave him equipped for life. Over one million children develop into lifelong learners with Abeka every year.
* Training in learning habits. Abeka’s lesson plans assist you in establishing right learning habits and routines.
* Flexibility. Life happens—sickness, special visits from relatives. You have the flexibility to arrange the year’s 170 lesson days to allow for life’s interruptions.
* Adaptability to your child’s needs. Abeka’s packaging makes sure that you are not paying for more than you need. Grade 6 Arithmetic is taught and practiced in approximately 1 hour, but you can adjust the pacing for your child’s independent study and practice if necessary.
Although new to our catalog, this math curriculum is certainly not new to the homeschool community. Abeka has been a tried-and-true math program amongst homeschoolers for many years. Taking a traditional, spiral approach, this series presents math concepts at the simplest level and builds on those concepts each year while offering continual review so students can fully grasp the concepts being taught. Abeka also teaches math from a faith based worldview and integrates biblical application throughout the program.
The elementary math lays a solid foundation for the higher level mathematics, and emphasizes oral and written drill. For the younger grade levels, the lesson instruction includes visual aids, games and activities. As the grades progress, the lessons become more independent but are still teacher directed. For Kindergarten, a worktext and teacher key is available along with several manipulative components. Math kits for grades 1-6 are sold in a child and parent kit (each sold separately). The child kit includes the consumable worktext and a test/speed drills book. The contents of the parent kit vary depending on the grade level; however all will include a curriculum guide for lesson plans as well as answer keys for the worktext and test/speed drills. It is suggested to purchase both the student and parent kits for a full math curriculum. The curriculum guide incorporates flashcards/charts into some of the lessons. These are available to purchase separately.
Junior high moves toward Intermediate Mathematics and PreAlgebra. Worktexts at these levels are still consumable. Intermediate Mathematics is a new and improved seventh grade course, reviewing all math skills previously learned while introducing algebra and geometry. This new course focuses more on understanding the concepts rather than just memorizing. The Intermediate Kit includes the worktext and test/quiz book. A teacher edition, solution key, supplemental exercises book and key are all available for this level. The newly revised PreAlgebra text continues with review and bridges the gap between basic mathematical concepts and more advanced topics. This level has a worktext, quiz/test book and key, teacher edition, and solution key.
High school levels include Algebra 1 through Precalculus. Concepts are taught in a clear, logical order with detailed explanations and step-by-step examples. Student textbooks are non-consumable at this level. Each section has practice problems taught in that section and review problems from previous sections. A teacher edition (to help guide your student through the courses), solution key, quiz/test book and key are also available for each course.
Abeka Math is a solid, traditional math program with a biblical focus. Each year builds upon the previous while continuing to review. The math facts are drilled and mastered at the elementary levels so students can be confident and successful in subsequent levels. The review can move rather quickly; therefore if your student is moving into Abeka from another program, you should consider taking a look at the scope and sequence before deciding where to start in the series.