Abeka Grade 5 Child Kit
Fifth graders are eager to learn all about their world and their place in it. Abeka's engaging curriculum, built on a solid biblical worldview, will keep them captivated as they learn fascinating facts and improve reading comprehension, composition skills, and much more! The Grade 5 Child Kit contains all essential textbooks and coordinated materials, including assessments, for an entire year of schooling in language arts, arithmetic, science, health, history, and art. Combine this kit with the Grade 5 Parent Kit, and you can confidently teach and guide your fifth grader through a year of academic excellence.
- Language Arts
- Reading—Reading from classics, modern stories, and poetry gives your child insight into his world and presents him with biblical truths and spiritual values. Watch his reading comprehension and vocabulary take a leap with the emphasis on reading speed and comprehension skills.
- Grammar and Composition—You will be thrilled to see your fifth graders become more comfortable with correct grammar in conversation and composition.
- Spelling, Vocabulary, and Poetry—A straightforward teach/practice/test approach makes spelling “second nature” to your young writers. They will also learn to spell, define, and use 5–10 vocabulary words in each lesson. And what an accomplishment when they can recite from memory all 6 poems!
- Penmanship—Daily penmanship practice begins with a review of letter formation and then graduates into creative writing and spelling entries.
- Arithmetic—Learning fractions and decimals becomes a positive experience because of clear instruction and extensive practice. As in the other skills subjects, the Abeka program ensures spiral review and proficiency in basic skills and builds a foundation of understanding that is necessary for more abstract concepts taught later.
- Science/Health—Fifth graders love the emphasis on nature studies and God’s creative genius in science. In the 7-week Health course, they learn how to keep their bodies healthy.
- History—Hundreds of colorful visuals, map skills, and a lively narrative writing style may make the story of Eastern Hemisphere history your child’s favorite class!
The Abeka Grades 1 through 6 full-grade kits include Language Arts, Arithmetic, History (Geography), and Science/Health subjects. Grade level content varies, but child kits will include required reading and texts, consumables and tests, and essential instruction items. Parent kits will include lesson plans, teacher keys and solutions, and all main materials for teaching. For Grade one, select either a Child Bound Cursive or Manuscript option (the Parent Kit works with either). Each subject builds sequentially upon another. Use the Abeka® Scope and Sequence to determine appropriate grade level.
Leading in Christian education for over 40 years, the Abeka® curriculum distinguishes itself by implementing spiraled instruction, consistently reviewing content and skills within a specific subject and integrating these across the core subjects. In addition, Abeka’s regular pattern of course material revisions help to keep the curriculum effective and relevant. Geared specifically to your child’s development, these bound, Full Curriculum Kits provide the essential materials for the core subjects (English, Math, History and Science). Full Curriculum requires the purchase of a Parent Kit and a Child Kit and will include the main textbooks, Teacher editions, quiz and test booklets, answer keys and more.