Abeka Grade 2 Essential Parent Kit
Stay organized and keep your child on track with the Grade 2 Essential Parent Kit. The 12 items within this kit will provide you with the tools you need for the school year with 170-easy-to-use daily lesson plans for every subject (language arts, arithmetic, history and geography, science and health), charts and games, as well as the answer keys for all assessments. This kit includes all the basic materials you need to give your child a successful third-grade year. Combine with the Grade 2 Child Kit to confidently teach core subjects from a biblical worldview.
* Clear and easy. You can do it! We have the materials you need and show you how to use them with clear, step-by-step instructions. You will appreciate the detailed lesson guides that save you hours of planning. Each lesson includes points for preparation and teaching procedure. The lesson plans are full of practical tips for effectively teaching concepts and reviewing skills for mastery.
* Spiral reinforcement of learning. There is no time to forget when your child receive regular review as each new concept is built on the old. This reinforcing and building of concepts and skills in a spiral progression throughout the year—and from grade to grade in the Abeka curriculum—puts learning into long-term memory.
* Proven success. You want methods and materials that work. See your child achieve the academic excellence and moral character that will leave him equipped for life. Over one million children develop into lifelong learners with Abeka every year.
* Flexibility. Life happens—sickness, special visits from relatives. You have the flexibility to arrange the year’s 170-lesson days to allow for life’s interruptions
* Adaptability to your child’s needs. Abeka’s packaging makes sure that you are not paying for more than you need. You can adjust the pacing for your child’s independent study and practice if necessary.
The Abeka Grades 1 through 6 full-grade kits include Language Arts, Arithmetic, History (Geography), and Science/Health subjects. Grade level content varies, but child kits will include required reading and texts, consumables and tests, and essential instruction items. Parent kits will include lesson plans, teacher keys and solutions, and all main materials for teaching. For Grade one, select either a Child Bound Cursive or Manuscript option (the Parent Kit works with either). Each subject builds sequentially upon another. Use the Abeka® Scope and Sequence to determine appropriate grade level.
Leading in Christian education for over 40 years, the Abeka® curriculum distinguishes itself by implementing spiraled instruction, consistently reviewing content and skills within a specific subject and integrating these across the core subjects. In addition, Abeka’s regular pattern of course material revisions help to keep the curriculum effective and relevant. Geared specifically to your child’s development, these bound, Full Curriculum Kits provide the essential materials for the core subjects (English, Math, History and Science). Full Curriculum requires the purchase of a Parent Kit and a Child Kit and will include the main textbooks, Teacher editions, quiz and test booklets, answer keys and more.
- Janice Staff on Jul 16, 2019