Abeka Grade 12 Parent Kit
Keep your homeschool on track and organized with the Grade 12 Parent Kit. The 18 items include 170 days of easy-to-use lesson plans, teacher editions, and answer keys for all assessments—all the essentials for the homeschooling parent. Combine with the Grade 12 Student Kit to confidently teach core subjects from a biblical worldview. Also see “Companion Materials” for extra teaching helps.
* Clear and easy. You can do it! We have the materials you need such as solution steps for math problems and teaching tips for every subject. You will appreciate the detailed lesson guides that save hours of planning. Each lesson includes points for preparation and teaching procedure. The guides are full of practical tips for effectively teaching concepts and reviewing for mastery.
* Spiral reinforcement of learning. There is no time to forget when your teen receives regular review as each new concept is built on the old. This reinforcing and building of concepts and skills in a spiral progression throughout the year—and from grade to grade in the Abeka curriculum!—puts learning into long-term memory. Your teen will know it!
* Proven success. You want methods and materials that work. See your teen achieve the academic excellence and moral character that will leave him equipped for life. Over one million children develop into lifelong learners with Abeka every year.
* Training in life skills. Abeka’s lesson plans assist you in training your teen in organizational principles and listening, thinking, and study skills—essentials for life!
* Flexibility. Life happens—sickness, special visits from relatives. You have the flexibility to arrange the year’s 170 lesson days to allow for life’s interruptions.
* Adaptability. Abeka’s packaging makes sure that you are not paying for more than you need. The subjects in the Grade 12 Parent Kit can be taught in less than 4 hours, but you can adjust the pacing. If your teen is ready for more, you can add our materials for Bible or choose from other electives.
Full Curriculum high school kits provide solid educational content that covers the subjects of Math, English, Science and Social Studies progressively building from one year into the next. Course sequences follow typical progression, with some notable exceptions. 9th grade science adds 1/2 credit of health. English annually encompasses grammar, composition, vocabulary, spelling, poetry memorization, and a focused literature study. Grade 12 provides Precalc (with Trigonometry and Analytical Geometry), British Literature, Physics, and 1 semester each of US Government and Economics.
Leading in Christian education for over 40 years, the Abeka® curriculum distinguishes itself by implementing spiraled instruction, consistently reviewing content and skills within a specific subject and integrating these across the core subjects. In addition, Abeka’s regular pattern of course material revisions help to keep the curriculum effective and relevant. Geared specifically to your child’s development, these bound, Full Curriculum Kits provide the essential materials for the core subjects (English, Math, History and Science). Full Curriculum requires the purchase of a Parent Kit and a Child Kit and will include the main textbooks, Teacher editions, quiz and test booklets, answer keys and more.