Bible Doctrines For Today Student Textbook
A great student text to walk through the basic Christian doctrines. The study attempts to organize the different aspects of God’s revelation. This is a great text for students to start asking those “why” questions and finding answers to the “whys” when it comes to faith and what Christians believe. The text is well organized with chapter titles, section breakdowns, and bullet points. This full-year Bible doctrine study is wonderful for teenagers and is a solid Bible curriculum for this age group. 297 pgs, pb. ~Rebecca
The Bible exhorts us as believers to “be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you.” A strong doctrinal understanding gives your teen a solid foundation to sustain his faith. Help your teen (or any believer!) know “why” and “what” he believes with this 292-page book.
* Clear explanation of the nine major doctrines. This text goes through a clear scriptural study of nine doctrines covering the Bible, God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, man, salvation, the church, angels, and end times. The text is written on a level that a high schooler can easily understand while also introducing him to new theological terms that will expand his reading comprehension from other sources.
* Ample scriptural support. With ample verses to verify each teaching and historical proofs and logic as extra support, this text will give your teen confidence as he solidifies his own beliefs based on the truths of Scripture.
* Preparation for countering false doctrine. As your teen learns in-depth principles about each doctrine, he will be made aware of opposing worldviews and learn how to recognize their fallacies. He will see how Scripture, God’s clear hand in his creation, and other proofs clearly refute these false philosophies.
* Answers to spiritual questions. How did people get saved in the Old Testament? How can I know for sure that I’m saved? Can I trust that we still have God’s inspired Word? Answers to common spiritual questions are explained from Scripture.
* Spiritual application. Boxes of practical information help your teen understand how to apply these doctrines to his daily walk. Truths such as expressing Christ’s love, principles of prayer, and living righteously before our holy God are highlighted within correlated doctrines.
* Easy-to-follow layout. Text is written in an outline format with charts, bold terms, and text boxes. This logical presentation and helpful layout makes it easy to locate key points quickly. An index quickly guides you to just the pages you need.
This one-year study from Abeka® teaches key aspects of 9 essential Bible doctrines: the Bible, God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, man, salvation, the church, angels, and the end times. Viewing the Bible as the inerrant, inspired word of God, the course points directly to Scripture to explain theology, with additional materials that flesh out concepts. Designed as a 4-day/week course, lessons follow a structure: prayer; verse memorization and review (selected KJV verses are doctrine-related and also contain quotes from Proverbs). The lesson with discussion questions (about 25 minutes) will take its cue from the teacher outlines; content comes from the text.
A user-friendly Student Text (297 pgs, spiral pb) provides ample Scripture support for doctrine, in turn, explaining world views and false doctrine (with Biblical support for responses). Lessons are divided into easily consumed pieces, making use of detailed outline/bullet points and other helpful elements like summaries, charts, definitions and Scripture references. This text would be a helpful reference or discipling tool—for any high school student. Written from a traditional evangelical viewpoint, the course focuses on doctrinal truths and commonly avoids denominational “hot topics.” Of minor note, there is brief teaching on the pre-tribulation view of the rapture and a brief mention that a Pastor should be the “husband of only one wife.”
The Teacher Edition (364 pgs, spiral pb) contains the full text of the student book in the front, with bullet-point-like teacher daily lesson plans (no scripted lessons), and text review questions and answers. The teacher will determine how material is taught and discussed. The course recommends oral verse quizzes (every 4th day) and content quizzes after a series of lessons. Quarterly review, quizzes, tests (with essay questions) are provided with the Quiz/Test set and the separate Quiz/Test Key. For music correlating with this course, Sing His Praises Hymns and Choruses is available on the Abeka® website. ~ Ruth
Let’s talk Bible and application! Throughout the Abeka Bible program for high school, students are learning about scripture and biblical times and also how to apply such an ancient text to their lives today. Each course has a non-consumable Student Textbook that students will read through. In Abeka’s classic spiral approach, Grades 9 & 10 lays a biblical foundation with a year-long look at the Kings of Israel and the Old Testament, and then a year-long look at Bible Doctrines and emulating a disciple of Christ-like lifestyle. Grades 11 & 12 offer a number of semester courses: Life Management, Jesus and His Followers, Genesis: First Things, and Book of the Revelation. The lessons each take approximately 30 minutes and are designed to be done 4-days a week. The Teacher Edition book is a full text and will outline the curriculums schedule for the year. These plans incorporate suggested hymns to sing, memory verses to study, and clarify which lessons you are teaching. While not scripted, the instruction is very thorough and will be an added benefit to structure your time while studying the Bible.
Each course has a midterm and final exam, plus additional quizzes. All this material is located in the Student Quiz and Test Book. The test booklet provides your tests, review worksheets, test schedules, and grading rubric. The Quiz and Test Key provides all the answers to the unit’s quizzes, test, and exams. ~Rebecca