Bible Doctrines For Today Student Quiz and Test Book
What could be more important than your teen’s faith? Those who don’t know what and why they believe are the most vulnerable to Satan’s attacks upon their faith. Your teen can stand strong, armed with the truth of God’s Word through this vital course. A key component of the course is this quiz and test book, which reinforces the doctrines of God’s Word and helps you know that your teen is prepared for true success in life (Josh. 1:8).
The quiz and test book is correlated with the Bible (King James Version); Bible Doctrines for Today, 3rd ed.; and Bible Doctrines for Today Teacher Edition, which includes curriculum/lesson plans. Memory verses are tested separately as explained in the curriculum. Answers and grading instructions are sold separately in Bible Doctrines for Today Quiz/Test Key. Grade 10.
* Two nine-weeks exams, a semester exam, and a final exam for this year-long Bible course provide your teen with regular review and reinforcement and provide you with quarterly evaluation.
* A variety of objective testing formats require your teen to consider the content from different aspects and hold his attention.
* Essay questions provide opportunity to explain the doctrines of God’s Word. As a true disciple of Jesus Christ, he is being prepared to teach others (Matt. 28:18–20).
* The 4 pre-exam review sheets provide additional reinforcement of learning, building your teen’s confidence before he takes the exam.
* The 8 content quizzes (about 1 every 3 weeks) help you to know the effectiveness of your teaching and of your teen’s learning.
* Since each quiz, test, and review sheet specifies the section of the textbook it covers, you can easily adjust quizzes and tests to your schedule for greater flexibility.
This one-year study from Abeka® teaches key aspects of 9 essential Bible doctrines: the Bible, God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, man, salvation, the church, angels, and the end times. Viewing the Bible as the inerrant, inspired word of God, the course points directly to Scripture to explain theology, with additional materials that flesh out concepts. Designed as a 4-day/week course, lessons follow a structure: prayer; verse memorization and review (selected KJV verses are doctrine-related and also contain quotes from Proverbs). The lesson with discussion questions (about 25 minutes) will take its cue from the teacher outlines; content comes from the text.
A user-friendly Student Text (297 pgs, spiral pb) provides ample Scripture support for doctrine, in turn, explaining world views and false doctrine (with Biblical support for responses). Lessons are divided into easily consumed pieces, making use of detailed outline/bullet points and other helpful elements like summaries, charts, definitions and Scripture references. This text would be a helpful reference or discipling tool—for any high school student. Written from a traditional evangelical viewpoint, the course focuses on doctrinal truths and commonly avoids denominational “hot topics.” Of minor note, there is brief teaching on the pre-tribulation view of the rapture and a brief mention that a Pastor should be the “husband of only one wife.”
The Teacher Edition (364 pgs, spiral pb) contains the full text of the student book in the front, with bullet-point-like teacher daily lesson plans (no scripted lessons), and text review questions and answers. The teacher will determine how material is taught and discussed. The course recommends oral verse quizzes (every 4th day) and content quizzes after a series of lessons. Quarterly review, quizzes, tests (with essay questions) are provided with the Quiz/Test set and the separate Quiz/Test Key. For music correlating with this course, Sing His Praises Hymns and Choruses is available on the Abeka® website. ~ Ruth