Algebra 2 Quiz and Test Book
See how far your students have come with this Algebra 2 quiz and test book! The content quizzes in this book provide reinforcement of learning in small chunks, and the unit tests and review examinations cement your students’ understanding of the material and build their confidence. Optional quizzes and test questions give you assessment for the flexible pacing options. Answers sold separately in the Algebra 2 Quiz/Test Key. 180 perforated pages. Recommended for grade 10.
* The 42 quizzes and 12 tests (including 4 cumulative exams) provide important review, extra practice and motivation for your students, and an accurate evaluation of their understanding for you. Never have to guess when your class is ready to progress to the next section or needs extra practice or explanation.
* Also included are 8 optional quizzes as well as optional pages to add to the tests should you decide to teach the optional sections covered in Algebra 2.
* Since each quiz and test specifies the section of the textbook it covers, you can easily adjust quizzes and tests to your schedule for greater flexibility.
* To help you accurately assess your students’ understanding, the questions cover average problems rather than the hardest ones and use a variety of question formats involving recall, computation, and application.
* Grading is efficient with all answer blanks on the left and space provided for your students’ to show their work.
Presents basic algebra; equations and inequalities; polynomial equations and inequalities; functions; systems of equations and inequalities; matrices; exponential and logarithmic functions; triangles and basic trigonometry; trigonometry and the cartesian plane; sequences, series, and counting; probability; statistics. 170 lessons
Although new to our catalog, this math curriculum is certainly not new to the homeschool community. Abeka has been a tried-and-true math program amongst homeschoolers for many years. Taking a traditional, spiral approach, this series presents math concepts at the simplest level and builds on those concepts each year while offering continual review so students can fully grasp the concepts being taught. Abeka also teaches math from a faith based worldview and integrates biblical application throughout the program.
The elementary math lays a solid foundation for the higher level mathematics, and emphasizes oral and written drill. For the younger grade levels, the lesson instruction includes visual aids, games and activities. As the grades progress, the lessons become more independent but are still teacher directed. For Kindergarten, a worktext and teacher key is available along with several manipulative components. Math kits for grades 1-6 are sold in a child and parent kit (each sold separately). The child kit includes the consumable worktext and a test/speed drills book. The contents of the parent kit vary depending on the grade level; however all will include a curriculum guide for lesson plans as well as answer keys for the worktext and test/speed drills. It is suggested to purchase both the student and parent kits for a full math curriculum. The curriculum guide incorporates flashcards/charts into some of the lessons. These are available to purchase separately.
Junior high moves toward Intermediate Mathematics and PreAlgebra. Worktexts at these levels are still consumable. Intermediate Mathematics is a new and improved seventh grade course, reviewing all math skills previously learned while introducing algebra and geometry. This new course focuses more on understanding the concepts rather than just memorizing. The Intermediate Kit includes the worktext and test/quiz book. A teacher edition, solution key, supplemental exercises book and key are all available for this level. The newly revised PreAlgebra text continues with review and bridges the gap between basic mathematical concepts and more advanced topics. This level has a worktext, quiz/test book and key, teacher edition, and solution key.
High school levels include Algebra 1 through Precalculus. Concepts are taught in a clear, logical order with detailed explanations and step-by-step examples. Student textbooks are non-consumable at this level. Each section has practice problems taught in that section and review problems from previous sections. A teacher edition (to help guide your student through the courses), solution key, quiz/test book and key are also available for each course.
Abeka Math is a solid, traditional math program with a biblical focus. Each year builds upon the previous while continuing to review. The math facts are drilled and mastered at the elementary levels so students can be confident and successful in subsequent levels. The review can move rather quickly; therefore if your student is moving into Abeka from another program, you should consider taking a look at the scope and sequence before deciding where to start in the series.
- Janice Staff on Apr 16, 2018
- Janice Staff on May 30, 2016