More Than Words: Level 1
Enjoy this beautiful journey of faith for children as they develop a deeper understanding of God and their relationship with Him. Easy to understand and unafraid of exploring deeper topics, this book moves beyond Bible stories to create a strong and lasting foundation. Uniquely designed to echo a personal journal, this Bible course will be an important step in every young believer's walk of faith.
More Than Words is divided into four units:
- Who God is and some of the attributes of God
- Who we are in God and basic theology of the Roman road
- What it means to be a Christian
- How to walk in faith, day-to-day.
Level One in this special series is written for 1st through 3rd grade students and is filled with 36 weeks of stories, activities, poems, hymns, character studies, art studies, word studies, and more, all designed to help children develop character. After completing the course, children will have discovered their identity in Christ one that cannot be taken away or shaken by opinion or culture.
Table of Contents
- Week 1: The Trinity
- Week 2: God Is Love
- Week 3: God Is Good
- Week 4: God Is Eternal
- Week 5: God Is Everywhere
- Week 6: God Is Beyond Understanding
- Week 7: God Knows Everything
- Week 8: What Is God's Name?
- Week 9: Review
- Week 10: Created and Loved
- Week 11: Fallen and Imperfect
- Week 12: Chosen
- Week 13: Saved
- Week 14: Adopted
- Week 15: Imitator of Christ
- Week 16: Called
- Week 17: Who Does God Say You Are?
- Week 18: Review
- Week 19: How to Pray
- Week 20: How to Use Your Bible
- Week 21: What Is Worship?
- Week 22: Works vs. Faith
- Week 23: Gifts of the Spirit
- Week 24: Fruit of the Spirit
- Week 25: The Ten Commandments
- Week 26: Armor of God
- Week 27: Review
- Week 28: Two-way Conversation
- Week 29: Hide and Seek
- Week 30: Draw Near to Me
- Week 31: Pray All the Time
- Week 32: Rooted to the Vine
- Week 33: Meditate on the Word
- Week 34: Take Every Thought Captive
- Week 35: Making Wise Choices
- Week 36: Review
Emphasizing God’s attributes and Christian identity/living, this 36-week Bible study series (4 days/week) is grouped by four themes (units) maintained consistently across all levels. Students will study and apply Scripture using various level-appropriate activities that are reinforced with quarterly, puzzle or activity-style review. A brief “How to Use this Book” gets you started. Requiring more teacher-student interaction than later levels, the Level 1 (K-3) strongly emphasizes Godly character traits. Students journal, learn key Biblical truths, study Godly character, do copy work, color, and draw. This level’s appendices include full hymns with restated ideas and key truth review cards. In the upper levels, students read journal entries (written by the author’s children), journal and memorize Scripture (ESV), write prayers, and complete daily extension activities (called special “missions”). Students also complete copywork, study Scripture, and create various artistic and character study responses. Level 2 appendices include a dictionary/thesaurus, hymns, Bible verse log, Christian identity statements, optional extended Bible verse work, flashcards and answer keys. 370+ pgs, pb. ~ Ruth
1 month ago
1 year ago