Daily Fundamentals Grade 1
This Grade Level Teacher Book includes an answer key and is reproducible.
The perfect way to begin your students' school day! Cross-curricular daily practice gets your first grade students focused and engaged and ready to learn. The daily lessons provide practice of language, math, and reading skills that support your core curriculum.
The meaningful 10 to 15 minutes of daily practice helps sharpen students' skills and helps you see where your students need to improve. With a detailed scope and sequence, you will always know the skills that your students are practicing.
Daily Fundamentals lessons are ideal for morning work, bell ringers, homework, and informal assessment. The daily practice and review prepares students for success on assessments and state testing.
How it works:
- Monday - Friday: Full-page daily activities provide practice of grade-level language, math, and reading skills, focusing on one skill in each subject area.
- The daily lessons progress in difficulty as students move through Day 1 to Day 5, and the weekly units progress in difficulty throughout the year.
The 30 weeks of first grade skill practice covers:
- Language: grammar, mechanics, spelling, and vocabulary
- Math: operations and algebraic thinking, number and operations in base 10, measurement and data, time, money, and geometry
- Reading: main idea and details, sequence, fantasy and reality, fact or opinion, character, author's purpose, and compare and contrast
Daily activities often include open-ended questions that require higher-order thinking skills. These types of questions can be used to promote peer-to-peer discussions as students share and discuss answers, while also fostering critical thinking skills.
The three Rs all together in one place for a quick daily review!These books are aligned to Common Core and provide one or two exercises/problems in language, math, and reading on each daily page for thirty weeks.
Perfect for busy moms who need some independent work for older kids while she works with the littles.