Building Writers Student Workbook D (3)
Feelings; acrostic poems; fables; riddles; figures of speech; compound sentences; cause and effect; paragraphs and poems; writing advertisements; and more.
Our Building Writers composition workbooks offer extra practice for writing skills development and can be easily incorporated into a writing block as independent writing or as whole group practice to meet your students' varying needs. Students become better, more fluent writers as they write about cross-curricular topics and practice three writing styles: narrative, information, and opinion.
- Structured practice to build core writing skills
- Developmental approach to writing
- Offers customizable writing templates to fit with any topic
- Builds confident communicators and improves overall communication skills
- Practical application of handwriting skills
- Eliminates the need for worksheets
Building Writers (D)
Third grade students practice three writing styles:
- Narrative: Students introduce a narrator and characters; write about an event with an organized sequence; use dialogue description and detail; and provide a sense of closure
- Information: Students share and explain information (such as facts, definitions, and topic details) by introducing a topic and providing a concluding sentence or paragraph
- Opinion: Students write an introduction that clearly states an opinion, provide clear and organized supporting reasons for the opinion, and write a concluding sentence or paragraph
These workbooks from Learning without Tears, are created to give children structured practice in core writing skills. Each workbook focuses on three writing types: narrative, information and opinion. Each workbook's content is developmentally appropriate and scaffolded to progressively move students toward stronger understanding and greater independence in writing. Each workbook also contains templates at the end of each section for further practice. Workbooks include a brief overview of the course and each of the writing topics are introduced and taught. See the publisher's web site for a teacher's guide to use these in a classroom. See leveled books for more information on content and style. 86 pgs, pb. ~ Deanne
These materials focus on providing writing practice and offer little to no instruction.