Zen All Media Brush - Angular 10
Zen Series 43 & 73 is comprised of multi-diameter synthetic filaments designed to replicate natural hair and is ideal for all paint media types. They offer optimal absorbency and versatility, while requiring minimal maintenance. Their resilient synthetic hair maintains spring and fine points. The ultra-metallic, silver ABS handles can soak in water without swelling, cracking or chipping.
- Angular Brights/Shaders: Used for tight shading and curved strokes.
- Brights: Length and width of brush is generally squared. Similar to flats, but shorter hairs make a stiffer brush.
- Fans: Brush fibers are spread out making it useful for subtle blending and for textural effects.
- Filberts: Create a softer edge than a flat or bright.
- Flats: Longer hairs than a bright, this brush has more flex and a large color carrying capability.
- Liners: Similar to rounds, but with longer hairs. Liners have a large color carrying capacity and makes long, fluid strokes.
- Oval Washes: A cross between a mop and a filbert, used primarily for laying in large amounts of color and blending.
- Rounds: Smaller sizes are typically used for detail work and larger sizes tend to be used for washes and filling in color.
- Strokes: Strokes have long, rectangular ends, a large color carrying capacity and create long, fluid strokes.
- Washes: A wide, flat brush used primarily to lay-in large amounts of color, to wet paper, or for blending.
- Wisp/Comb: Paint multiple lines in one stroke.
These brushes are my go-to in all my painting projects, whether I’m doing fine art or crafting. They hold optimal amounts of paint and lay color down smoothly while retaining edges on the canvas. The multi-diameter synthetic bristles simulate natural hair and work great with acrylic, watercolor and oil, making them a true multi-media brush. The sleek metallic gunmetal silver handles have a good feel, are lightweight, and the ABS plastic can sit in your cup of water for long periods of time without warping or cracking. These quality brushes are durable, versatile, visually appealing and inexpensive. All brushes in this collection (except the 1” Wash Brush) feature a long handle. ~ Emily