A fairly rigorous vocabulary course that helps students increase their vocabulary by learning over 1000 words from Latin and Greek roots. Students work with a group of words in each 4-day lesson completing varied exercises that help students learn and remember the words and their meanings. Now published by Master Books, this book also provides a suggested daily schedule to use this course over 18 months, worksheets and quizzes.
Jensen's Vocabulary teaches through repetition for long-term retention by students as well as a simple format to follow with great results. The course provides a systematic approach to learning vocabulary with over 1,000 valuable words from basic roots. With several optional schedules provided, students are given weekly reinforcement so that Greek and Latin-based words become easy with four types of exercises for each set of words. When a student finishes the course, he or she will have increased ability to intelligently guess new words, enhancing and writing skills in any situation.
Students completing this course will learn valuable skills.
- how prefixes, suffixes and roots combine to make all kinds of words.
- how to figure out the spelling of a word by the parts that make it up.
- how to think in logical fashion about words and their meanings.
- a few roots that give you the keys to hundreds of words.
- how to read and understand as well as express yourself more concisely