Abeka Essential Parent Kit K5 (Manuscript)
You want your child to get that all-important foundation in reading, to develop good routines and habits, and to LOVE learning! Through colorful visuals, exciting games, and step-by-step daily instructions, our K5 Manuscript Parent Kit combined with the K5 Manuscript Child Kit gives you the tools you need to confidently meet your goals. Contains 170 days of lesson plans for teaching core subjects from a biblical worldview and 4 teaching aids. Also see “Companion Materials” for important items used in multiple grades and enrichment materials.
* Clear and easy. You can do it! We have the materials you need and show you how to use them with clear, step-by-step instructions.
* Cross-subject integration of concepts. By using our complete kit, at the same time that your child is learning the sound of the letter a, he is writing the letter a. By reinforcing the concepts in different settings with different applications, our curriculum ensures that your child thoroughly understands and retains the material.
* Spiral reinforcement of learning. There is no time to forget when your child receives regular review as each new concept is built on the old. This reinforcing and building of concepts and skills in a spiral progression throughout the year—and from grade to grade in the Abeka curriculum!—puts learning into long-term memory. Your child will know it!
* Proven success. “Incredible!”—that is how the results of Abeka's proven systematic phonetical approach to reading have been described. Unlike programs that add a smattering of phonics to their look-say reading method, the Abeka program has phonics as its heart.
* Training in learning habits. From the right way to hold a pencil to good listening skills, Abeka's guidance in the lesson plans assists you in establishing right routines for lifelong character growth.
* Flexibility. Life happens—sickness, special visits from relatives. You have the flexibility to arrange the year’s 170 lesson days to allow for life’s interruptions.
* Adaptability to your child’s readiness. Abeka's packaging makes sure that you are not paying for more than you need. The subjects in the K5 Manuscript Parent Kit can be taught in less than an hour, but you can adjust the pacing. If your child is ready for more, you can add our materials for Bible, activity time, poetry, and music.
The Abeka Curriculum Kits are designed so parents can tailor them specifically to their child’s age (4 or 5), developmental stage and handwriting style. K5 kits emphasize phonics toward the goal of reading sentences and stories, while combining poetry memorization and handwriting skills. Math skills move from single digits to simple addition and one-step story problems, including money and time. Choose either a bound Cursive or bound Manuscript Child Kit and the corresponding parent kit.
Leading in Christian education for over 40 years, the Abeka® curriculum distinguishes itself by implementing spiraled instruction, consistently reviewing content and skills within a specific subject and integrating these across the core subjects. In addition, Abeka’s regular pattern of course material revisions help to keep the curriculum effective and relevant. Geared specifically to your child’s development, these bound, Full Curriculum Kits provide the essential materials for the core subjects (English, Math, History and Science). Full Curriculum requires the purchase of a Parent Kit and a Child Kit and will include the main textbooks, Teacher editions, quiz and test booklets, answer keys and more.