Abeka Grade 7 Student Kit
The Grade 7 Homeschool Student Kit will provide all your child’s needs in one convenient kit! Abeka’s high-quality, traditional-education materials will give your child a solid foundation for excellence in academics and success in life. The Grade 7 Student Kit contains all essential textbooks and coordinated materials, including assessments, for an entire year of schooling in English, Intermediate Mathematics, Science, and World History and Geography—16 items total. Combine this kit with the Grade 7 Parent Kit to confidently teach and guide your seventh grader through a year of academic excellence from a biblical worldview.
* Literature—Stories about people—pioneers, patriots, professional athletes, etc.—entertain, inspire, and teach young people. Great storytellers like Dickens, O’Henry, and Kipling will develop your child’s vocabulary and reading comprehension. Discussion and essay questions build his thinking skills.
* Grammar and Composition—A solid foundation in traditional grammar teaches your child how language works and develops his logical thinking. A variety of writing applications ensure that his communication skills are strengthened.
* Vocabulary, Spelling, Poetry—Knowing the best word is often what distinguishes the best communicators. The 20 weekly spelling words and 7 vocabulary words from the literature will take your child one step closer toward that goal. And he will learn from memory 8 poems, including “If” by Kipling!
* Intermediate Mathematics—Bridges the gap between elementary and high school math and effectively prepares students for testing and for more advanced courses. From arithmetic and geometry to statistics and algebra, your students will review concepts from previous years and jump into new ideas.
* Science—Explore the many wonderful levels of creation with this colorful and beautifully designed book! From taking a look at the things you might find in your backyard to the species that occupy the rainforest, your child will receive a greater understanding of the beautiful world that God has created.
* History—Help your child learn about the past from a Christian perspective and plan for the future in light of Christian principles. This text will escort your child through the halls of history discussing the Egyptians and their pyramids, Rome and its empire, Johann Guttenberg and his printing press, America and the Industrial Era, the World Wars, and more.
The middle school years help students make the transition from foundational skills to more advanced upper-level studies. The Abeka Grade 7 Full Curriculum includes Intermediate Math; Lang Arts (Grammar/Comp; Vocabulary and Literature); World History with Eastern Hemisphere Geography; and Life Science (Health) with STEM projects.
Leading in Christian education for over 40 years, the Abeka® curriculum distinguishes itself by implementing spiraled instruction, consistently reviewing content and skills within a specific subject and integrating these across the core subjects. In addition, Abeka’s regular pattern of course material revisions help to keep the curriculum effective and relevant. Geared specifically to your child’s development, these bound, Full Curriculum Kits provide the essential materials for the core subjects (English, Math, History and Science). Full Curriculum requires the purchase of a Parent Kit and a Child Kit and will include the main textbooks, Teacher editions, quiz and test booklets, answer keys and more.