Studio Articulations: Level 3 Art Supply Bundle (5-6)
You should have some basic art supplies on hand, but we have prepared this bundle to save you time assembling the more specific materials needed for Studio Articulations Curriculum Level 3. You can check these to see what you have and don’t have, then just purchase what you need. Or, get the bundle and know you are ready to roll! Supplies you must provide from home are listed as well. Art supply bundles are for 1-3 students, with a couple items to purchase for each child.
This package includes the following items:
- Krylon Matte Finish Spray
- Prang 8-Pan Watercolor Set x 2
- Sharpie Ultra-Fine Permanent Black Marker x 2
- Craft Sticks - 150 4.5" Natural
- Foam Printing Plates 9" x 12" pkg 12
- Ebony Pencil x 2
- Paint Palette x 2
- Foam Poly Brush 2 Inch x 2
- Mod Podge Matte 8 oz.
- Block Printing Ink - 37cc (1.3 oz.) - Black
- Drawing Pencil Set (HB, 3B, 5B, 6B)
- Pentel Oil Pastels 16-color Set
- Construction Paper Fade-Resistant 9" x 12" Assorted Colors
- Sketch Pad 18" x 12" 50 sheets
- Glue Stick - Regular x 2
- Pacon Plastic Art Sheets - 11" x 17" (8 colors)
- Elmer's Washable Glue 4oz White
- Crayola Chalk Sticks 24 Count
- Snap Out Soft Rubber Brayer (4")
- Magic Rub Eraser x 2
- Tacky Glue - 4 oz.
- Black Fine Sharpie Retractable x 2
- Basics Acrylic Color Set (6 tubes)
- Round Magnifier 3" 2X
- uCreate White Multi Media Art Paper - 9" X 12" 60 Sheets
- Prang Crayons 16 Colors Set
- Handy Art Black Velvet India Ink (2 oz. Jar)
- Color Pep's Colored Pencils (Pack of 48)
- BIC Intensity Permanent Marker Fashion Colors - Fine Point (12 pack)
- Folkart Color Acrylic Paint Dark Brown - 2 oz
- Folkart Color Acrylic Paint Pure Black - 2 oz
- Folkart Color Acrylic Paint Titanium White - 2 oz
- Crayola Air Dry Clay Resealable Bucket - White 2.5 lb
- Gold Taklon & Natural Bristle Artist Brush Set (10 piece)
Designed for Christian schools and homeschooling families, but you don’t have to be an art teacher to use it! The lessons are laid out in a clear, structured format even the art-anxious parent can apply. It’s not an intimidating program to teach. The spiral book is your lesson plan and more. Daily lessons are even scripted, another boost to your art teaching confidence. If you do happen to be art-confident, you can use the lessons in any order and go unscripted.
Each level has 24 units, to be done over 3-4 lessons. There is one 11” x17” poster per unit. Lessons align with national standards for visual arts. Every lesson includes objectives, material lists, art vocabulary, list of standards, an artist focus, reproducible worksheets (for your class/home only), grading rubrics, review questions, project examples and a comprehensive lesson plan. If you are not an art teacher, you are provided with background knowledge to teach the lessons. The posters come folded in half. I would want to laminate them if it were me. They may show one painting, several works, or a painting with an image of the artist. They are lovely! The Christian perspective assures a parent/teacher that some of the seedier details of the artists lives or works will not be included.
I have to tell you, this program appealed to two very different consultants here at RRC. I am very artistically inclined and confident in my knowledge of artists, methods and materials. Janice is a more analytical person who finds comfort in structure and having a pattern to follow when it comes to art. For an art curriculum to speak to both of us is basically a unicorn! Virtually anyone can use this program successfully.
You should have some basic art supplies on hand, but we have prepared bundles to save you time assembling the more specific materials. You can check these to see what you have and don’t have, then just purchase what you need. Or, get the bundle and know you are ready to roll! Supplies you must provide from home are listed as well. Art supply bundles are for 1-3 students with a couple items to purchase for each child. ~Sara
Art/Artists covered in each level:
- Level 1 – Paul Signac, Frederick George Cotman, Georges Seurat, Louis Comfort Tiffany, Harriet Powers, Paul Cezanne, Grant Wood, Japanese Fans, Japanese Koinobori & Kites, Rembrandt van Rijn, Franz Marc, Poppies by 3 Different Impressionists (van Gogh, Monet, Tarkhov), Jen-Honore Fragonard, Taj Mahal, Town Musicians of Bremen, Ansel Adams, Henri Rousseau, Hats, Charles Demuth, Alexander Calder, Camille Pissaro, Galbreath’s Country Style Bread, Where We See Art
- Level 2 – Hans Holbein the Younger, Paul Klee, Albrecht Durer, Indonesian Batik, Alebrijes, Papel Picado, Raphaelle Peale, Mahlon Haines, El Greco, Winslow Homer, Vincent can Gogh, Giuseppe Arcimboldo, Mimbre, Edvard Munch, Piet Mondrian, Patrick Dougherty, Crazy Quilts, Claude Monet, Greek Pottery, Friedensreich Hundertwasser, Chairs, Ottomar Anschutz, the Sea.
- Level 3 – Balthasar van der Ast, Scrimshaw, the Styles of Art, the Genres of Art, Wassily Kandinsky, African Bogolanfini Mud Cloth, Lascaux Cave Paintings, Claes Oldenburg, the Art of Haiti, J.M.W. Turner, Greek Columns, George Stubbs, Louise Nevelson, Claude Monet, Roman Mosaic, Edward Hicks, Mai Vietnamese Handicrafts, Road Signs & Symbols, Package Design, Vladimir Tatlin, Joseph Nicephore Niepce, Piet Mondrian, Jen-Francois Millet, Optical Illusions
- Level 4 – Swiss Army Knife photo, Robert Delaunay, Edward Hopper, Frank Lloyd Wright, Caspar David Friedrich, William Morris, Edward Curtis, Robert Indiana, Katsushika Hokusai, Notre Dame Cathedral Paris, Andy Goldsworthy, Gilbert Stuart, Matryoshka Dolls, Guna Molas, Robert Weingarten, George Segal, Navajo Rugs, Kathe Kollwitz, Dorothea Lange, Dale Chihuly, Victory Garden Posters from WWII, Leonardo Da Vinci, John James Audubon, Hermenegildo Bustos.