Rainbow Curriculum Starter Package - 9th Grade
Choosing high school courses can be daunting, which is why our team of consultants assembled this option for you. It includes all teacher/student materials in the four core subjects:
- Math (algebra 1),
- Science (biology)
- ELA (literature & composition)
- History (American)
These choices are worth 4 solid high school credits when completed properly. You will need to add your own elective courses, usually about 3 credits worth.
We do not include a daily schedule, as you are encouraged to find a pace that fits your student and your family. This bundle includes materials with religious content.
This package includes the following items:
- Friendly Persuasion
- Illuminating Literature: When Worlds Collide Quiz and Answer Manual
- Illuminating Literature: When Worlds Collide Student Text
- Illuminating Literature: When Worlds Collide Teacher's Guide
- Pudd'nhead Wilson
- War of the Worlds Thrift Edition
- Warriors Don't Cry
- Screwtape Letters w/ Screwtape Proposes Toast
- Peter Pan (Evergreen Classic)
- Algebra 1 Homeschool Kit with Solutions Manual 3rd Edition
- Tale of Two Cities Thrift Edition
- Fahrenheit 451
- Power in Your Hands: Writing Nonfiction in High School 2nd Edition
- Power in Your Hands: Writing Nonfiction in High School Teacher's Guide 2nd Edition
- Master's Class High School Biology Set
- Biology Through a Microscope (Lab Book)
- Land of Hope: An Invitation to the Great American Story - Student Workbook
- Land of Hope: An Invitation to the Great American Story - Teacher's Guide
- Land of Hope: An Invitation to the Great American Story - Text
Christian Starter Packages provide a strong foundation in Reading with Horizons Phonics and Reading (K-2) . Grades 3-8, transition to literature-based language arts with Learning Language Arts through Literature. Spelling is included with MCP Spelling Workout or Building Spelling Skills in gr. 1-6. Simple, effective handwriting workbooks are included for systematic instruction in grades 1-2.
Math with Confidence (K-3) transitions to Saxon Math in Grades 4-9. Suggested Math Manipulatives are included.
Apologia or Master Books Science courses provide a survey of the sciences from a Young Earth perspective. Lab Kits included when available.
In K-2, Master Books Social Studies provides a child-friendly introduction to the world around us. Grades 3-4 introduce the literature-rich Notgrass History, with Alpha Omega Lifepacsfor middle school.
In 9th grade, literature and writing from Sharon Watson provide conversational, Biblical-centered instruction. Master’s Biology is a college preparatory program offering a full lab experience (lab supplies not included) or a simplified approach using home labs and book based microscopic labs. US History and Algebra round out the essential high school subjects.
You can follow links below the package graphics for complete reviews of each of the included products.
Simplifying the curriculum search, our Starter Packages fit the needs of new or veteran homeschoolers. Each one contains carefully selected material that is user-friendly, academically strong and inclusive of various publishers or educational philosophies. Three options are available: Christian Packages with a blend of Christian and neutral curriculum, Secular Packages with many standards-based programs from secular/ neutral publishers, and the Christian Economy Package with our most economical programs. Many of these programs are from conservative Christian publishers and offer minimal graphics/color. See specific packages for detailed information. ~Deanne