Rainbow Curriculum Starter Package - 3rd Gr.
This package includes the following items:
- Our Star-Spangled Story Curriculum Package
- Toliver's Secret
- Exploring Creation with Zoology 2: Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day
- Saxon Math 3 Home Study Kit
- Mini Judy Clocks - set of 2
- 2-Colored Plastic Counters - SET OF 10
- Hundred Number Board
- Student Number Lines with Wipe-Off Crayon or Marker
- Set of 100 Plastic Pattern Blocks (.5 cm thick)
- Thermometer Indoor Outdoor for Classroom
- Color Tiles - Plastic 1" - Set of 100
- Vinyl English/Metric Ruler x 2
- Complete Writer - Writing With Ease Workbook 3
- Emily's Runaway Imagination
- Year of Miss Agnes
- Farmer Boy (Full Color Collector's Edition)
- First Language Lessons for the Well-Trained Mind Level 3 Workbook
- First Language Lessons Level 3 Instructor Guide
- Benjamin West and His Cat Grimalkin
- Zoology 2 Junior Notebooking Journal
- MCP Spelling Workout 2001 Homeschool Bundle C
- Zaner-Bloser Handwriting Grade 3 Student Edition (2016 edition)
- Mountain Born
- Freedom Crossing
These packages include academically strong courses in the four main subject areas - math, language arts, science, and social studies.Math:
Saxon Math has been the homeschooler's good friend for over twenty years. Known for its thoroughness and comprehensive coverage of math topics, Saxon takes an incremental approach and builds in much review and repetition.
In the primary grades (K-3), it is manipulative-based and scripted (the teaching words are provided in a "script"). This means little preparation for the teacher - just open the teacher's manual and start reading through the lesson. The lessons encourage teacher-student interaction and you can expect them to take 30 - 45 min. You will need specific manipulatives to complete the course and we offer manipulative kits as required resources (and a separate purchase) with each grade level.
At the middle school level and higher, Saxon encourages the student to work more independently by addressing all instruction directly to the student. At the 8th grade level you can choose either a starter set with pre-algebra or an "upgrade" which includes Algebra 1. Our sets include texts, solutions manuals, answer keys, and tests.
Language Arts: Language Arts are covered by a variety of programs. These vary some by grade levels.
For grades K-2, we've included All About Reading, a multisensory phonics and reading program that also covers fluency, vocabulary and comprehension. All About Reading utilizes letter tile magnets, games and engaging readers for a reading program that is fun and engaging for most students. Zaner-Bloser Handwriting is also included, as is Spectrum Writing at grades 1 and 2.
For grades 4 - 6, we've chosen to include the Learning Language Arts Through Literature (LLATL) courses plus editing and spelling supplements. LLATL integrates all aspects of language arts instruction - composition, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary - with quality excerpts and book studies from classic children's literature. Books required for the course are included, and the answers are in the Teacher's Manuals. Easy Grammar for grades 4 and 5 provide easy to use grammar instruction.
At grade 6-8, we've included Essentials in Writing, a video-based writing and grammar program.
Spelling Workout is a phonics-based weekly-list spelling program and is included in all grade levels. Since answers are fairly predictable, we have not included Teacher's Manuals in the sets - purchase additionally, if desired.
Science: For science from a Christian perspective, Apologia products are hard to beat. With a line of products from K to grade 12, all facets of science are covered in a manner easy to implement in a homeschool setting, yet the student will be well prepared for college level work in the sciences after graduation. Known for home-friendly experiments (most supplies are household items) and interesting textual information, these courses are a favorite of seasoned homeschoolers. Our sets include the textbook, the notebook, a solutions manual, and a set of tests for each course. Lab kits for the courses are available as a separate purchase but are not included in the sets.
History: For history, the popular Story of the World series is the backbone of the packages for grades 1-5. Over four volumes, author Susan Wise Bauer presents history in a story-like format in bite-sized chunks appropriate for one sitting. Accompanying activity book adds review questions, supplemental reading suggestions, map activities, coloring pages, and project suggestions. Grade 3 features an American history from Notgrass - Star Spangled Story.
Three offerings from the Notgrass family focus on history in grades 6, 7, and 8. Good readability, daily lesson plans, Bible study, map and timeline study, extensive reading lists, and even creative writing and suggestions for family activities are included in these courses.
You can follow links below the package graphics for complete reviews of each of the included products.
"I need your 7th grade curriculum package." How often we've heard similar pleas, but didn't have a package option to offer. Now we do! With the new homeschooler in mind, we wanted them to be easy to jump into and get started. They are! We also wanted them to be solid and strong in academics. They are! And we wanted them to utilize a variety of homeschooling products, so you would have a better idea of what works well for you and your students. They do! Can you tell we're just a bit excited about these packages? They include products we have used in our own schooling. They include products that have a proven track record in terms of success. They include products that are effective with a variety of learning styles.
We offer four series of packages for grades K - 8.
- Starter Packages include some items with a Christian perspective.
- Economy Starter Packages include budget curriculum choices some of which are items with a Christian perspective.
- Secular Packages are similar to our Starter Packages but do NOT include any items with Christian perspective.
- Standards-Based Packages include courses from mainline curriculum publishers that are aligned to state and national standards.
As you progress in your homeschool experience, you will get a better feel for the types of materials that work best for you and your students. But for now, our main goal in putting together these sets is to make it easy for you to get started. We want you to be able to Homeschool with Confidence! ~ Janice
- Rachel L on Aug 18, 2021
- Purchased on Aug 5, 2020
This package does include full-year courses for the four basic subject areas - math, language arts, science, and social studies.
Your question has automatically gone out to customers who have purchased this kit. They are free to post replies here.
- Janice Staff on Jun 19, 2020
- Janice Staff on Aug 2, 2019
- Janice Staff on Feb 6, 2017
- Janice Staff on Aug 1, 2016
- Was this review helpful? Yes (0) No (0)
- Flag as Inappropriate
1 year ago
- Was this review helpful? Yes (0) No (0)
- Flag as Inappropriate