Prima Latina Complete Set
All course components in one handy package: Student Book, Teacher Manual, DVD set, Pronunciation CD and Latina Christiana 4th Ed. flashcards (which contain all of the vocabulary for the Prima Latina course as well).
This package includes the following items:
Following the success of Latina Christiana, parents asked for something they could use with their young elementary children. We paired our years of experience with Latina Christianas easy-to-use, student-friendly format and created an introductory course for young Latin scholars. Prima Latina includes:
- 25 lessons, each including grammar lessons appropriate for primary grades
- 5 vocabulary words with corresponding English derivatives per lesson
- A practical Latin phrase per lesson
- One line of a prayer per lesson that is learned in totality over 5 lessons
- Easy-to-read, 2-color format
The exercises in each lesson provide constant review of materials learned throughout the course. Every 5 lessons, students review the material and take a test (complete with key) to ensure mastery. Prima Latina is the perfect choice for:
- young children who are still becoming familiar with English grammar and wish to learn Latin at a slower pace
- those who would like to start Latin early and lay the foundation for a rigorous language arts program
- Vocabulary with derivatives
- Latin sayings
- Conjugations & Declensions
- 3 discs, 9 hours (15-20 min./lesson)
- Comprehensive teaching by Leigh Lowe
- Recitation & review, vocabulary practice, and explanation of derivatives
- On-screen notes, diagrams, & examples
- Self-instructive format
This course is aimed towards young Latin scholars. Designed to precede Latina Christiana I, it introduces students to beginning Latin. 25 lessons cover seven parts of speech, two tenses, 125 vocabulary words, numbers 1 through 10, basic constellations, and introductions to conjugations, declensions and derivatives. The lessons are broken down into grammar skills, five vocabulary words, a practical Latin phrase, and a line of prayer that is completely learned by the end of the chapter. Also included are five review lessons, five tests, and an appendix and answer key. The CD (available in hard copy or streaming) includes an introduction, pronunciation guide, prayer instructions, the sanctus, the doxology, the table blessing, the pater noster, and pronunciation helps for the lessons. We offer the pieces separately, or in sets for convenience. The Text Set includes the Student Book, Teacher Manual, and CD while the Complete Set also includes the Flashcards (designed to be used with both Prima Latina and Latina Christiana I) and DVDs.
I'm looking forward to all my future purchases. One happy client.
All's well that ends well. The Bard.
6 months ago