Memoria Press K Supplemntal Science and Enrichment Set
This package contains the same books as Memoria Press’ Kindergarten Supplemental Science and Enrichment Set.
For more information on any item, click on the link for a full product description.
This package includes the following items:
- What Lives in a Shell? (Let's Read And Find Out Science, Level 1)
- Down Comes the Rain (Let's Read and Find Out Science, Level 2)
- Animals in Winter (Let's Read And Find Out Science, Level 1)
- Big Dipper (Let's Read And Find Out Science, Level 1)
- The Snow is Falling (Let's Read And Find Out Science, Level 1)
- From Caterpillar to Butterfly (Let's Read And Find Out Science, Level 1)
- How Do Birds Find Their Way (Let's Read And Find Out Science, Level 2)
- Milk From Cow to Carton (Let's Read And Find Out Science, Level 2)
- What is the World Made Of? (Let's Read and Find Out Science Level 2)
- Where Are the Night Animals? (Let's Read and Find Out Science Level 1)
- Groundhog Day
- How a House is Built
- Pumpkin Book
- Surrounded By Sea: Life on New England Fishin
- Vegetables We Eat
- Weather Words and What They Mean
- Water Dance
- Nest Full of Eggs (LRAFOS Level 1)
- From Tadpole to Frog (LRAFOS Level 1)
- Zipping, Zapping, Zooming Bats St 2 LR+FOAS
- Wish for a Fish
- Would You Rather be a Pollywog?
- Christmas Around the World
- Town Mouse, Country Mouse
- Bugs Are Insects (LRAFOS Level 1)
- Tree is a Plant (LRAFOS L1)
- Apples (Gail Gibbons)
- From Seed to Plant
- Oh Say Can You Seed?
- Inside Your Outside!: All About Your Human Body
- Moon Book - Temporarily Out of Stock
- I Can Name 50 Trees Today
- On Beyond Bugs: All About Insects
- There's a Map On My Lap!: All About Maps
- Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good For You: All About Staying Healthy
- Why Oh Why Are Deserts Dry? All About Deserts
- Safari, So Good! All About African Wildlife
- This Is the Feast
- African Lions Book
- Mighty Lions
If you are using the Memoria Press Curriculum Guides but want to incorporate read-aloud books, art, music, nature study, poetry and more, the Enrichment Guides are just for you. Each guide is divided into weekly lessons, and each lesson has two parts. Part 1 includes an overview of the read-aloud book for that week, short biographical information of the author and illustrator, oral reading questions, vocabulary, picture review and comprehension, and before and after you read activities. Part 2 includes suggestions for activities in history and culture, science, art, and poetry. It is recommended that you purchase a Composition and Sketchbook (#36287) for nature study lessons. Music pieces are referenced in each week's schedule, but note that all teaching content is found in the Music Enrichment K-2 guide, sold separately. An appendix includes reproducible pages (maps, etc.); master book lists for read-alouds, poetry, art and music and history/science/culture.
The lesson plans are a little more "bare bones" and include basically just Part 2 of the Enrichment Guides given in a week-by-week daily checklist format along with the same helpful appendices. Some general instructions and discussion points (brief but insightful) are provided at the beginning.
Although designed for use with Memoria Press curriculum, this would be a well-organized option to plug in around any traditional curriculum for the younger grades that did not already include coverage of art, nature study, culture and music. ~ Donna
Memoria Press now offers complete Curriculum Manuals and grade-level curriculum packages for PK-10 using the classical methodology. Recitation is used in every level for memorization of basic facts, systematic phonics and good books are used for reading education, copywork is used for teaching Bible truths, and music and art are included for enrichment in the early (K-3) levels. Each Curriculum Manual contains complete lesson plans for a one-year course of study.
The Curriculum Manuals are well-formatted and easy to use. In the front of each book you will find a checklist of the materials needed at that level, an explanation of this curriculum, instructions for lesson implementation, a recommended schedule and blank schedule for your own planning purposes, and 33 weeks of detailed lesson plans. Lessons include assignments from the books used at each grade level, as well as activity suggestions. The appendices include a variety of material for that grade level, and may include: prayers, letter activities, recitation, memory verses, read-aloud book list, poetry list and selections, and a paintings/music list for kindergarten and first grade. These pages are reproducible for family or classroom use.
Although most of the guides have been available for several years, the curriculum was restructured in 2015, with many of the programs originally included in 3rd grade now with a slower pacing to span 3rd and 4th grade. Guides for grades 3 and up have been modified to reflect this change, while the lower-level guides have only had minor changes. If you are already midway into the program with the original guides, you can still continue in that track with the older guides, now titled Acclerated Classical Core Curriculum Manual. You can find these along with the complete list of curriculum resources used with them on our website.
We have complete grade-level resource packages, consumable packages for “refill,” new user packages for levels that reuse resources from a previous level, read-aloud packages for each level and science and enrichment packages for the early levels. Curriculum resources are also listed individually (see website for specific contents of consumables and read-aloud packages). Please note that several of the programs include First Form Latin and Classical Composition, which should be completed in order, regardless of what is in the grade level package.If you have a student entering the program after fourth grade, you will need to start them in Classical Composition: Fable Stage and/or First Form Latin instead of what might be in the package.
This series is for the parent who wants a good classical curriculum which is outlined and ready to use. Simply open the book and follow the instructions. You will be well on your way to a quality education for your young ones. ~ Donna
- Brandy on Mar 14, 2023