Memoria Press Curriculum 6th Gr. Consumables
For more information on any item click on the link for a full product description.
Products without links are published by Rod and Staff. Per their request, we do not have any information available online about these products.
This package includes the following items:
- Famous Men of the Middle Ages Student Guide Second Edition
- Geography 1 Review - Workbook (Middle East, North Africa, & Europe)
- Geography II Student (Sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, Oceania, & the Americas)
- Peterson Field Guide Color-in Book: Birds
- Spelling Workout 2001 Level G Student Edition
- Understanding Mathematics Grade 6 Quizzes and Speed Tests
- Understanding Mathematics Grade 6 Test
- Exploring the History of Medicine, Supplemental Student Questions (3rd Edition)
- Christian Studies Book 3 Student Third Edition
- Adam of the Road Literature Student Study Guide
- King Arthur Literature Student Study Guide Second Edition
- Robin Hood Literature Student Study Guide
- Door in the Wall Student Guide
- Book of Birds Student Workbook
- Second Form Latin Student Workbook
- Second Form Latin Quizzes & Tests
- Classical Composition III: Chreia/Maxim Student Book Second Edition
- English Grammar Recitation Workbook III Student Book
Grade 6 moves on to Second Form Latin, Famous Men of the Middle Ages, Classical Composition III, English Grammar Recitation III, and Geography II. Medieval literature selections include King Arthur, Robin Hood, Adam of the Road, and Door in the Wall. Science is the study of birds and medicine. However, if the student has not completed First Form Latin or Classical Composition I (both series should be completed in order), you should choose these courses instead. Story of the World Vol. 3 is suggested as summer reading.
Memoria Press now offers complete Curriculum Manuals and grade-level curriculum packages for PK-10 using the classical methodology. Recitation is used in every level for memorization of basic facts, systematic phonics and good books are used for reading education, copywork is used for teaching Bible truths, and music and art are included for enrichment in the early (K-3) levels. Each Curriculum Manual contains complete lesson plans for a one-year course of study.
The Curriculum Manuals are well-formatted and easy to use. In the front of each book you will find a checklist of the materials needed at that level, an explanation of this curriculum, instructions for lesson implementation, a recommended schedule and blank schedule for your own planning purposes, and 33 weeks of detailed lesson plans. Lessons include assignments from the books used at each grade level, as well as activity suggestions. The appendices include a variety of material for that grade level, and may include: prayers, letter activities, recitation, memory verses, read-aloud book list, poetry list and selections, and a paintings/music list for kindergarten and first grade. These pages are reproducible for family or classroom use.
Although most of the guides have been available for several years, the curriculum was restructured in 2015, with many of the programs originally included in 3rd grade now with a slower pacing to span 3rd and 4th grade. Guides for grades 3 and up have been modified to reflect this change, while the lower-level guides have only had minor changes. If you are already midway into the program with the original guides, you can still continue in that track with the older guides, now titled Acclerated Classical Core Curriculum Manual. You can find these along with the complete list of curriculum resources used with them on our website.
We have complete grade-level resource packages, consumable packages for “refill,” new user packages for levels that reuse resources from a previous level, read-aloud packages for each level and science and enrichment packages for the early levels. Curriculum resources are also listed individually (see website for specific contents of consumables and read-aloud packages). Please note that several of the programs include First Form Latin and Classical Composition, which should be completed in order, regardless of what is in the grade level package.If you have a student entering the program after fourth grade, you will need to start them in Classical Composition: Fable Stage and/or First Form Latin instead of what might be in the package.
This series is for the parent who wants a good classical curriculum which is outlined and ready to use. Simply open the book and follow the instructions. You will be well on your way to a quality education for your young ones. ~ Donna