Memoria Press Curriculum 4th Grade Package
This package contains the same books as Memoria Press’ Fourth Grade Curriculum Set.
For more information on any item, click on the link for a full product description.
Products without links are published by Rod and Staff. Per their request, we do not have any information available online about these products.
This package includes the following items:
- Homer Price
- Cricket in Times Square book
- Selections From the Blue Fairy Book,2nd Edtn
- Copybook Cursive Book 2, Second Edition
- Cricket in Times Square Student Book
- Speed Drill Packet Grade 4
- Cricket in Times Square Teacher Guide
- Spelling Workout 2001 Level E Student Edition
- Spelling Workout 2001 Level E Teacher Edition
- Progressing With Arithmetic Grade 4 Pupil
- Dangerous Journey: Story of Pilgrim's Progress
- Progressing With Arithmetic Grade 4 Speed Drills
- Progressing With Arithmetic Grade 4 Teacher's Manual, Part 1
- Progressing With Arithmetic Grade 4 Teacher's Manual, Part 2
- Progressing With Arithmetic Grade 4 Tests
- Blue Fairy Book Student Guide
- Blue Fairy Book Teacher Guide
- Dangerous Journey Student Guide
- Dangerous Journey Teacher Guide
- Fourth Grade Curriculum Manual
- Core Skills: Language Arts 2014 Grade 4
- Good King Wenceslas
- Homer Price Literature Student Study Guide
- Homer Price Literature Teacher Guide
- 12 Days of Christmas: The Story Behind a Favorite Christmas Song
- Papa Panov's Special Christmas
- Book of Astronomy Student Guide
- Book of Astronomy Teacher Guide
- Classical Composition I: Fable Stage Student Book
- Classical Composition I: Fable Stage Teacher Guide
- Classical Composition I: Fable Stage DVD
- Promise Kept: Story of Christmas
The revised 4th Grade Curriculum Manual assumes the continuation of D'Aulaire's Greek Myths, Latina Christiana I, Christian Studies I, States & Capitals and English Grammar Recitation I. The package is assuming a continuation from the 3rd grade. If you are starting in the curriculum at this point, you may want to look at the "Accelerated 4th Grade Curriculum Guide" instead (see website). Story of the World Vol. 1 is suggested as summer reading.
Memoria Press now offers complete Curriculum Manuals and grade-level curriculum packages for PK-10 using the classical methodology. Recitation is used in every level for memorization of basic facts, systematic phonics and good books are used for reading education, copywork is used for teaching Bible truths, and music and art are included for enrichment in the early (K-3) levels. Each Curriculum Manual contains complete lesson plans for a one-year course of study.
The Curriculum Manuals are well-formatted and easy to use. In the front of each book you will find a checklist of the materials needed at that level, an explanation of this curriculum, instructions for lesson implementation, a recommended schedule and blank schedule for your own planning purposes, and 33 weeks of detailed lesson plans. Lessons include assignments from the books used at each grade level, as well as activity suggestions. The appendices include a variety of material for that grade level, and may include: prayers, letter activities, recitation, memory verses, read-aloud book list, poetry list and selections, and a paintings/music list for kindergarten and first grade. These pages are reproducible for family or classroom use.
Although most of the guides have been available for several years, the curriculum was restructured in 2015, with many of the programs originally included in 3rd grade now with a slower pacing to span 3rd and 4th grade. Guides for grades 3 and up have been modified to reflect this change, while the lower-level guides have only had minor changes. If you are already midway into the program with the original guides, you can still continue in that track with the older guides, now titled Acclerated Classical Core Curriculum Manual. You can find these along with the complete list of curriculum resources used with them on our website.
We have complete grade-level resource packages, consumable packages for “refill,” new user packages for levels that reuse resources from a previous level, read-aloud packages for each level and science and enrichment packages for the early levels. Curriculum resources are also listed individually (see website for specific contents of consumables and read-aloud packages). Please note that several of the programs include First Form Latin and Classical Composition, which should be completed in order, regardless of what is in the grade level package.If you have a student entering the program after fourth grade, you will need to start them in Classical Composition: Fable Stage and/or First Form Latin instead of what might be in the package.
This series is for the parent who wants a good classical curriculum which is outlined and ready to use. Simply open the book and follow the instructions. You will be well on your way to a quality education for your young ones. ~ Donna