Memoria Press Curriculum 3rd Grade Consumables Package
This package includes the same titles as the Memoria Press’ Third Grade Consumable Curriculum Set.
For more information on any item, click on the link for a full product description.Products without links are published by Rod and Staff. Per their request, we do not have any information available online about these products.
This package includes the following items:
- Latina Christiana Review Worksheets (4th Edition)
- Latina Christiana Student Book (4th Edition)
- Latina Christiana: Games & Puzzles Student Workbook, Fourth Edition
- Timeline Composition & Sketchbook
- Bear Called Paddington Student Book
- Exploring Arithmetic Grade 3 Pupil and Worksheets
- Exploring Arithmetic Grade 3 Speed Drills
- Core Skills: Language Arts 2014 Grade 3
- Christian Studies Book I Student 2nd Edition
- D'Aulaires Greek Myths Student Guide Second Edition
- Charlotte's Web Literature Student Study Guide
- Farmer Boy Literature Student Study Guide
- States and Capitals History Student Study Guide
- All Things Fun & Fascinating
- New American Cursive 3 Workbook(Scripture) 4E
- Mr. Popper's Penguins Literature Student Study Guide Second Edition
- English Grammar Recitation Workbook I Student Book
- Poetry for the Grammar Stage Student Guide Third Edition
- Mammals: Lessons from the World of Animals Student Book
- Traditional Spelling Practice Sheets III
- Traditional Spelling Student Book III
Grade 3 continues the quality of the classical education, with new moderated pacing, with students working through Ludere and Latina Christiana I, Christian Studies I, English Grammar Recitation 1, D'Aulaire's Greek Myths and States & Capitals over 3rd and 4th grades. Reading includes classics like Farmer Boy, Charlotte's Web, Paddington and Mr. Popper's Penguins. They will also learn about the animal kingdom, poetry and composition. Rod and Staff Math and Spelling Workout are continued.
Memoria Press now offers complete Curriculum Manuals and grade-level curriculum packages for PK-10 using the classical methodology. Recitation is used in every level for memorization of basic facts, systematic phonics and good books are used for reading education, copywork is used for teaching Bible truths, and music and art are included for enrichment in the early (K-3) levels. Each Curriculum Manual contains complete lesson plans for a one-year course of study.
The Curriculum Manuals are well-formatted and easy to use. In the front of each book you will find a checklist of the materials needed at that level, an explanation of this curriculum, instructions for lesson implementation, a recommended schedule and blank schedule for your own planning purposes, and 33 weeks of detailed lesson plans. Lessons include assignments from the books used at each grade level, as well as activity suggestions. The appendices include a variety of material for that grade level, and may include: prayers, letter activities, recitation, memory verses, read-aloud book list, poetry list and selections, and a paintings/music list for kindergarten and first grade. These pages are reproducible for family or classroom use.
Although most of the guides have been available for several years, the curriculum was restructured in 2015, with many of the programs originally included in 3rd grade now with a slower pacing to span 3rd and 4th grade. Guides for grades 3 and up have been modified to reflect this change, while the lower-level guides have only had minor changes. If you are already midway into the program with the original guides, you can still continue in that track with the older guides, now titled Acclerated Classical Core Curriculum Manual. You can find these along with the complete list of curriculum resources used with them on our website.
We have complete grade-level resource packages, consumable packages for “refill,” new user packages for levels that reuse resources from a previous level, read-aloud packages for each level and science and enrichment packages for the early levels. Curriculum resources are also listed individually (see website for specific contents of consumables and read-aloud packages). Please note that several of the programs include First Form Latin and Classical Composition, which should be completed in order, regardless of what is in the grade level package.If you have a student entering the program after fourth grade, you will need to start them in Classical Composition: Fable Stage and/or First Form Latin instead of what might be in the package.
This series is for the parent who wants a good classical curriculum which is outlined and ready to use. Simply open the book and follow the instructions. You will be well on your way to a quality education for your young ones. ~ Donna