Memoria Press Curriculum 1st Grade Package
This package contains the same books as Memoria Press’ First Grade Curriculum Set.
For more information on any item, click on the link for a full product description.
Products without links are published by Rod and Staff. Per their request, we do not have any information available online about these products.
This package includes the following items:
- More Storytime Treasures Teacher Guide (2nd Edition)
- 100 Days of Summer Reading Book Two
- Traditional Spelling Practice Sheets I
- Traditional Spelling Student Book I
- Traditional Spelling Teacher Guide I
- Little House
- Billy & Blaze
- Blaze and the Forest Fire
- Caps for Sale
- Frog and Toad are Friends
- First Grade Art Cards
- Make Way for Ducklings / Robert McCloskey
- Miss Rumphius
- Little Bear (ICR L1)
- Story About Ping / Marjorie Flack
- Memoria Math Challenge: Level B Student Workbook
- Memoria Math Challenge: Level B Teacher Workbook
- First Grade Enrichment Guide, Second Edition
- Keep the Lights Burning, Abbie / Roop
- Alphabet Wall Poster
- Christmas in the Big Woods (My First LH)
- Winter on the Farm (My First LH)
- Beginning Arithmetic Revision Grade 1 Workbook, Part 2
- Penmanship for Christian Writing Ruled 1/2" Ruled Tablet
- Copybook II: Scripture and Poems, Third Edition
- Stone Soup (Stories to Go)
- Composition & Sketchbook ll Blank Copybook Pages
- First Start Reading Book E Teacher Manual
- First Start Reading, Book E
- Little House Christmas Treasury
- New American Cursive Penmanship Program Workbook 1
- StoryTime Treasures Student Study Guide 3ED
- More StoryTime Treasures Student Guide Second Edition
- First Grade Curriculum Manual
- Summer Cursive Workbook
- Traditional Spelling I Supplemental Workbook
- Traditional Spelling I Supplemental Workbook Key
- StoryTime Treasures Teacher Guide Third Edtn
- Cursive Practice Sheets
- Book of Crafts First Grade
- Working Arithmetic Grade 2 Practice Sheets, Book 1 (Third Edition)
- Working Arithmetic Grade 2 Teacher Manual Workbooks 1-2 (Third Edition)
- Working Arithmetic Grade 2 Workbook 1 (Third Edition)
Grade 1 continues in the development of reading skills by incorporating more good books and focusing on vocabulary, spelling, comprehension, and composition skills. Math at this level is Rod and Staff Grade 1, and spelling is introduced with Traditional Spelling I. The literature and read-alouds also serve to introduce children to history/geography and science, as well as good literature. Copywork, recitation, music, art, and cursive instruction are also included. Some resources are reused from Kindergarten; if you are entering the curriculum for the first time, then you will also need the New User package.
Memoria Press now offers complete Curriculum Manuals and grade-level curriculum packages for PK-10 using the classical methodology. Recitation is used in every level for memorization of basic facts, systematic phonics and good books are used for reading education, copywork is used for teaching Bible truths, and music and art are included for enrichment in the early (K-3) levels. Each Curriculum Manual contains complete lesson plans for a one-year course of study.
The Curriculum Manuals are well-formatted and easy to use. In the front of each book you will find a checklist of the materials needed at that level, an explanation of this curriculum, instructions for lesson implementation, a recommended schedule and blank schedule for your own planning purposes, and 33 weeks of detailed lesson plans. Lessons include assignments from the books used at each grade level, as well as activity suggestions. The appendices include a variety of material for that grade level, and may include: prayers, letter activities, recitation, memory verses, read-aloud book list, poetry list and selections, and a paintings/music list for kindergarten and first grade. These pages are reproducible for family or classroom use.
Although most of the guides have been available for several years, the curriculum was restructured in 2015, with many of the programs originally included in 3rd grade now with a slower pacing to span 3rd and 4th grade. Guides for grades 3 and up have been modified to reflect this change, while the lower-level guides have only had minor changes. If you are already midway into the program with the original guides, you can still continue in that track with the older guides, now titled Acclerated Classical Core Curriculum Manual. You can find these along with the complete list of curriculum resources used with them on our website.
We have complete grade-level resource packages, consumable packages for “refill,” new user packages for levels that reuse resources from a previous level, read-aloud packages for each level and science and enrichment packages for the early levels. Curriculum resources are also listed individually (see website for specific contents of consumables and read-aloud packages). Please note that several of the programs include First Form Latin and Classical Composition, which should be completed in order, regardless of what is in the grade level package.If you have a student entering the program after fourth grade, you will need to start them in Classical Composition: Fable Stage and/or First Form Latin instead of what might be in the package.
This series is for the parent who wants a good classical curriculum which is outlined and ready to use. Simply open the book and follow the instructions. You will be well on your way to a quality education for your young ones. ~ Donna
over 2 years ago