Manipulative Kit K-3 (Plastic Pattern Block Upgrade, NO Optional Items)
This kit includes only the required manipulatives (no optional items) needed for Saxon Math Grades K, 1, 2 and 3 (please refer to the Manipulatives Overview button above for details), PLUS an upgrade to a set of 250 plastic pattern blocks (to replace the set of 100 plastic pattern blocks included in the standard kits).
Already have a few of these items and would like to purchase some of these separately to complete your kit? Just follow the links below to purchase individual items.
This kit includes the following items:
- Tangram, Plastic / 1 set
- Balance Scale
- Mini Judy Clocks - set of 2 - Temporarily Out of Stock
- 2-Colored Plastic Counters - SET OF 10
- Teddy Bear Counters - Set of 48
- Dominoes - Double-Six set - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Geoboard 7" 5x5 pin double-sided w/ rbr bands x 2 - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Hundred Number Chart
- MultiLink Cubes - Set of 100
- Student Number Lines with Wipe-Off Crayon or Marker - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Set of 250 Plastic Pattern Blocks (1 cm thick) - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Thermometer Indoor Outdoor for Classroom - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Color Tiles - Plastic 1" - Set of 100 - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Vinyl English/Metric Ruler x 2 - Temporarily Out of Stock
The Teacher's Manual contains the actual lesson plans and information vital to the effective presentation of math concepts. The consumable Meeting Books are used during the teacher-student "meeting" in which concepts are introduced, demonstrated and practiced. If teaching more than one student at the same level, you will only need one meeting book. Consumable Student Workbooks are used in grades 1-3 only and contain student materials, flash cards and practice pages. The Math K Home Study Kit contains teacher edition and meeting book. Math 1, 2, and 3 kits contain teacher edition, meeting book, and a set of 2 workbooks. Manipulatives are a vital, integral part of the program; these are not included in the Home Study Kits, but are available through us also.
Students like Saxon because they feel successful in math instead of overwhelmed.
The most popular homeschooling math program hands down! Highly recommended by both Mary Pride and Cathy Duffy, Saxon Math also wins our award for the "Most Requested Text." Saxon math is a "user-friendly" math program - even for Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus and other usually difficult math topics. Learning is incremental and each new concept is continuously reviewed, so the learning has time to "sink in" instead of being forgotten when the next topic is presented. Higher scores on standardized tests and increased enrollments in upper-level math and science classes have resulted where Saxon has been used in public schools. Students like Saxon because they feel successful in math instead of overwhelmed. Because of the format, children are able to work more independently.
over 2 years ago