Similar to Memoria Press First Grade Supplemental Science & Enrichment Complete Set
This package contains the same books as Memoria Press' First Grade Supplemental Science and Enrichment Complete set with one exception: we have substituted Penguins! National Geographic Reader Level 2 in place of Penguins Are Cool – American Museum of Natural History reader, which is out of print. Please see below for complete set contents.
This package includes the following items:
- Animals in Winter (Let's Read And Find Out Science, Level 1)
- How Many Teeth? (Let's Read and Find Out Science Level 1)
- Sounds All Around (Let's Read and Find Out Science Level 1)
- Where Are the Night Animals? (Let's Read and Find Out Science Level 1) - Temporarily Out of Stock
- What Makes Day and Night? (Let's Read and Find Out Science Level 2)
- How a House is Built
- Surrounded By Sea: Life on New England Fishin
- Nest Full of Eggs (LRAFOS Level 1)
- Wish for a Fish
- In the Rainforest (Let's-Read-and-Find-Out Science Level 2)
- Hear Your Heart (LRAFOS L2)
- Children Just Like Me
- How People Learned to Fly (LRAFOSL2)
- If You Lived in Colonial Times
- Clouds (LRAFOS L1)
- Trees, Leaves and Bark (Take-Along Guide)
- Russia ABCs: A Book About the People and Places of Russia
- Australia and Oceania (A True Book: The Seven Continents)
- Biography of Tea
- Alligators and Crocodiles
- Reasons for Seasons
- St. Patrick's Day - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Ice is Nice!
- Penguins! (National Geographic Reader Level 2)
- Oh Say Can You Seed?
- Kid's Guide to Washington D.C.
- Where Do Chicks Come From? (LRAFOS Level1)
- Moon Book
- I Can Name 50 Trees Today
- Oh Say Can You Say What's the Weather Today? All About Weather
- On Beyond Bugs: All About Insects
- There's a Map On My Lap!: All About Maps
- Fine Feathered Friends: All About Birds
- Miles and Miles of Reptiles: All About Reptiles
- Oh the Things You Can Do That Are Good For You: All About Staying Healthy
- Why Oh Why Are Deserts Dry? All About Deserts
- Safari, So Good! All About African Wildlife
- Diggers - My Favorite Machines - Temporarily Out of Stock
Grade 1 continues in the development of reading skills by incorporating more good books and focusing on vocabulary, spelling, comprehension, and composition skills. Math at this level is Rod and Staff Grade 1, and spelling is introduced with Traditional Spelling I. The literature and read-alouds also serve to introduce children to history/geography and science, as well as good literature. Copywork, recitation, music, art, and cursive instruction are also included. Some resources are reused from Kindergarten; if you are entering the curriculum for the first time, then you will also need the New User package.
Memoria Press now offers complete Curriculum Manuals and grade-level curriculum packages for PK-10 using the classical methodology. Recitation is used in every level for memorization of basic facts, systematic phonics and good books are used for reading education, copywork is used for teaching Bible truths, and music and art are included for enrichment in the early (K-3) levels. Each Curriculum Manual contains complete lesson plans for a one-year course of study.
The Curriculum Manuals are well-formatted and easy to use. In the front of each book you will find a checklist of the materials needed at that level, an explanation of this curriculum, instructions for lesson implementation, a recommended schedule and blank schedule for your own planning purposes, and 33 weeks of detailed lesson plans. Lessons include assignments from the books used at each grade level, as well as activity suggestions. The appendices include a variety of material for that grade level, and may include: prayers, letter activities, recitation, memory verses, read-aloud book list, poetry list and selections, and a paintings/music list for kindergarten and first grade. These pages are reproducible for family or classroom use.
Although most of the guides have been available for several years, the curriculum was restructured in 2015, with many of the programs originally included in 3rd grade now with a slower pacing to span 3rd and 4th grade. Guides for grades 3 and up have been modified to reflect this change, while the lower-level guides have only had minor changes. If you are already midway into the program with the original guides, you can still continue in that track with the older guides, now titled Acclerated Classical Core Curriculum Manual. You can find these along with the complete list of curriculum resources used with them on our website.
We have complete grade-level resource packages, consumable packages for “refill,” new user packages for levels that reuse resources from a previous level, read-aloud packages for each level and science and enrichment packages for the early levels. Curriculum resources are also listed individually (see website for specific contents of consumables and read-aloud packages). Please note that several of the programs include First Form Latin and Classical Composition, which should be completed in order, regardless of what is in the grade level package.If you have a student entering the program after fourth grade, you will need to start them in Classical Composition: Fable Stage and/or First Form Latin instead of what might be in the package.
This series is for the parent who wants a good classical curriculum which is outlined and ready to use. Simply open the book and follow the instructions. You will be well on your way to a quality education for your young ones. ~ Donna