Home Art Studio K-5 Complete Art Supply Package
This kit includes materials you need to complete projects in the video Home School Art Studio Program DVD 5th Grade (some are no longer available). That said, this kit is a great way to build your own home art room stash! We have chosen materials of nice quality at a nice price to save you time picking and choosing what might be useful.
This package includes the following items:
- Prang 16-Pan Watercolor Set
- PVC Latex-Free Vinyl Eraser x 2
- Tissue Paper 100 sheet assortment
- Prismacolor Colored Pencils 12 / set
- Red Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Yellow Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Blue Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Green Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Orange Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Violet Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- White Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Black Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Brown Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Prismacolor Watercolor Pencils set of 12 - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Original Sculpey - 1.75 lb. block x 4
- Black Conical Marker
- SunWorks Construction Paper Assorted 12"x18" x 2
- SunWorks Construction Paper Assorted 9"x12" x 2
- Prang Construction Paper White 9"x12"
- 8 Well Slant Tray 4" x 12"
- Speedball Super Value Block Printing Starter Kit
- Sketch Book Spiral-Bound 8.5"x11" x 2
- Canson XL Recycled Bristol - 2 sided Pad (11" X 14") x 3
- Canson XL Watercolor Pad (12" X 18") x 2
- Dazzling Metallics Paint 2 oz Emperors Gold
- Glue Stick Clear (0.28 oz)
- Big Kid's Choice Toddler Chubby Brush Set (3 piece)
- Elmer's Washable Glue 4oz White x 3
- Watercolor Pad, 11" x 15" - 12 Sheets
- Dixon Soft Pencil #2 x 6
- Crayola Crayons 16 Count Box
- Color Pep's Colored Pencils (Pack of 12)
- Snap Out Soft Rubber Brayer (4")
- Compass With Safety Point
- Crayola Big Paintbrushes - Flat 4 count
- Crayola Big Paintbrushes - Round 4 count
- Crayola Broad Line Markers Classic 10 Count x 2
- Black Fine Sharpie Retractable x 2
- Strathmore Canvas Paper Pad (16" x 20")
- Cray-Pas Junior Artist Oil Pastels Set of 25
- Watercolor 12 Tube Paint Set
- Jackson Assorted Soft Pastels Set of 12
- Acrylic Handle Brushes
- Tagboard (9" x 12") - 10 sheets
- Silver 0.6oz Glitter Tube
- Glitter Glue (Washable) Blue - 4 oz.
- Glitter Glue (Washable) Red - 4 oz.
- Watercolor Paper Sheets-140# 18x24 2of#042442 - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Acrylic 10 Tube Paint Set
- Tempera Secondary Colors Paint Markers Set of 6 (2 oz)
- Twist'N Flex Essentials Ruler 12"/30cm
Are you struggling with adding art into your homeschool when you are busy with math and reading? What if an art teacher came into your home and taught lessons to your children? And what if those lessons had projects that required minimal art supplies and didn't take all day to complete? Do I have your attention? Lindsey Volin has put together a set of instructional art videos that do all of this! In her program for kinders to 5th graders, she brings you lessons that build your children's art repertoire. They will learn about various art materials, techniques and processes. As the parent/teacher, your job is to look over the lesson plan before you watch the videos together and have all of the materials laid out for the day. You will want to cover your work table with newspaper or a drop cloth.
She recommends starting with one project per week. Grades K-2 each have 18 lessons; grade 3 has 16 lessons; grade 4 has 14; and grade 5 has 15: all on 1 or 2 discs. When it's time for a lesson, watch it all the way through the first time. Then as you work, you can play and pause the video as needed. Each lesson plan includes national art standards for content and achievement, a project materials list, tips for parents (like how to integrate a little science or some additional skill practice suggestions), vocabulary words, and step-by-step instruction. As students get older, the projects get more detailed, but still apply principles learned from the beginning about color, shading, and perspective. Get a gallery wall ready because you will be making some masterpieces!
We have put together art supply bundles by grade level for your convenience--stay tuned. After all, you will be more likely to use your art program if you have everything you need at the start. If you have several grade levels or plan on working through the whole series, we made a K-5 supply bundle that has all you need for every project shown. Get creative and have fun! You may have a little Picasso on your hands who needs some guidance. Being a creative parent or teacher yourself is not a requirement of this program. Lindsey Volin is doing that part for you. Don't stress about art; enjoy it! ~Sara