Home Art Studio Grade 3 Art Supply Package
This package includes the following items:
- PVC Latex-Free Vinyl Eraser
- Prang Watercolor Pencils with Brush - Set of 10
- Tissue Paper 100 sheet assortment
- Sculpey 1.75 lb. block
- Soft Pastel Set - 12 color
- SunWorks Construction Paper Assorted 9"x12"
- 8 Well Slant Tray 4" x 12"
- Canson XL Recycled Bristol - 2 sided Pad (11" X 14")
- Canson XL Watercolor Pad (12" X 18")
- Glue Stick Clear (0.28 oz)
- Elmer's Washable Glue 4oz White
- Dixon Soft Pencil #2
- Snap Out Soft Rubber Brayer (4")
- Crayola Big Paintbrushes - Flat 4 count
- Crayola Big Paintbrushes - Round 4 count
- Crayola Broad Line Markers Classic 10 Count - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Black Fine Sharpie Retractable - Temporarily Out of Stock
- Strathmore Canvas Paper Pad (16" x 20")
- Cray-Pas Junior Artist Oil Pastels Set of 25
- Watercolor 12 Tube Paint Set
- Acrylic 10 Tube Paint Set
- Tempera Primary Colors Paint Markers Set of 6 (2 oz)
- Tempera Secondary Colors Paint Markers Set of 6 (2 oz)
Are you struggling with adding art into your homeschool when you are busy with math and reading? What if an art teacher came into your home and taught lessons to your children? And what if those lessons had projects that required minimal art supplies and didn't take all day to complete? Do I have your attention? Lindsey Volin has put together a set of instructional art videos that do all of this! In her program for kinders to 5th graders, she brings you lessons that build your children's art repertoire. They will learn about various art materials, techniques and processes. As the parent/teacher, your job is to look over the lesson plan before you watch the videos together and have all of the materials laid out for the day. You will want to cover your work table with newspaper or a drop cloth.
She recommends starting with one project per week. Grades K-2 each have 18 lessons; grade 3 has 16 lessons; grade 4 has 14; and grade 5 has 15: all on 1 or 2 discs. When it's time for a lesson, watch it all the way through the first time. Then as you work, you can play and pause the video as needed. Each lesson plan includes national art standards for content and achievement, a project materials list, tips for parents (like how to integrate a little science or some additional skill practice suggestions), vocabulary words, and step-by-step instruction. As students get older, the projects get more detailed, but still apply principles learned from the beginning about color, shading, and perspective. Get a gallery wall ready because you will be making some masterpieces!
We have put together art supply bundles by grade level for your convenience--stay tuned. After all, you will be more likely to use your art program if you have everything you need at the start. If you have several grade levels or plan on working through the whole series, we made a K-5 supply bundle that has all you need for every project shown. Get creative and have fun! You may have a little Picasso on your hands who needs some guidance. Being a creative parent or teacher yourself is not a requirement of this program. Lindsey Volin is doing that part for you. Don't stress about art; enjoy it! ~Sara