Home Art Studio Grade 2 Art Supply Package
This package includes the following items:
- Red Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Yellow Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Blue Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Green Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Orange Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Violet Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- White Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Black Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Brown Tempera Paint 16 oz.
- Original Sculpey - 1.75 lb. block
- SunWorks Construction Paper Assorted 12"x18"
- SunWorks Construction Paper Assorted 9"x12"
- 8 Well Slant Tray 4" x 12"
- Canson XL Recycled Bristol - 2 sided Pad (11" X 14")
- Canson XL Watercolor Pad (12" X 18")
- Elmer's Washable Glue 4oz White
- Dixon Soft Pencil #2
- Crayola Big Paintbrushes - Flat 4 count
- Crayola Big Paintbrushes - Round 4 count
- Crayola Broad Line Markers Classic 10 Count
- Black Fine Sharpie Retractable
- Cray-Pas Junior Artist Oil Pastels Set of 25
- Watercolor 12 Tube Paint Set
Are you struggling with adding art into your homeschool when you are busy with math and reading? What if an art teacher came into your home and taught lessons to your children? And what if those lessons had projects that required minimal art supplies and didn't take all day to complete? Do I have your attention? Lindsey Volin has put together a set of instructional art videos that do all of this! In her program for kinders to 5th graders, she brings you lessons that build your children's art repertoire. They will learn about various art materials, techniques and processes. As the parent/teacher, your job is to look over the lesson plan before you watch the videos together and have all of the materials laid out for the day. You will want to cover your work table with newspaper or a drop cloth.
She recommends starting with one project per week. Grades K-2 each have 18 lessons; grade 3 has 16 lessons; grade 4 has 14; and grade 5 has 15: all on 1 or 2 discs. When it's time for a lesson, watch it all the way through the first time. Then as you work, you can play and pause the video as needed. Each lesson plan includes national art standards for content and achievement, a project materials list, tips for parents (like how to integrate a little science or some additional skill practice suggestions), vocabulary words, and step-by-step instruction. As students get older, the projects get more detailed, but still apply principles learned from the beginning about color, shading, and perspective. Get a gallery wall ready because you will be making some masterpieces!
We have put together art supply bundles by grade level for your convenience--stay tuned. After all, you will be more likely to use your art program if you have everything you need at the start. If you have several grade levels or plan on working through the whole series, we made a K-5 supply bundle that has all you need for every project shown. Get creative and have fun! You may have a little Picasso on your hands who needs some guidance. Being a creative parent or teacher yourself is not a requirement of this program. Lindsey Volin is doing that part for you. Don't stress about art; enjoy it! ~Sara