Designed to follow on from the Jolly Phonics Student Books 1, 2 and 3, the Grammar Pupil Books builds on the skills taught in Jolly Phonics, and introduces grammar and spelling rules to improve writing and reading comprehension.
Children are able to work through the Grammar 3 Student book and complete a wide variety of engaging activities, which develop grammar, spelling, punctuation and comprehension skills.
Lessons are provided for 1 Grammar or punctuation and 1 Spelling lesson per week for a year. The teacher is able to support and guide the children with the Grammar 3 Teacher's Book.
Topics covered include:
- Revision of elements covered in The Grammar 1 & 2 Student Books
- New spelling patters tch, dge, ure, gn, gh, ex, n for /ng/, s, se and ze for /z/, a for /ar/, y for /i/, a for /o/, ere for /air/, and eer and ere for /ear/
- Suffixes -less', able' and ful'
- Proper adjectives
- Nouns acting as adjectives
- Collective nouns Pronouns possessive/subjective and object
- The present particle and the continuous tenses
- Subject and object in a sentence
- Questions and exclamations in speech