Copywork, free drawing and simple questions are used to guide students in learning basic writing skills. Measures 11" x 8.5", in landscape format for early writers.
Our Building Writers composition workbooks offer extra practice for writing skills development and can be easily incorporated into a writing block as independent writing or as whole group practice to meet your students' varying needs. Students become better, more fluent writers as they write about cross-curricular topics and practice three writing styles: narrative, information, and opinion.
- Structured practice to build core writing skills
- Developmental approach to writing
- Offers customizable writing templates to fit with any topic
- Builds confident communicators and improves overall communication skills
- Practical application of handwriting skills
- Eliminates the need for worksheets
Building Writers (A)
Kindergarten students practice three styles of writing:
- Narrative: Prepares students to write personal narratives and stories in a logical sequence
- Information: Builds students' vocabulary to make them more effective non-fiction writers
- Opinion: Supports students as they form opinions
These workbooks from Learning without Tears, are created to give children structured practice in core writing skills. Each workbook focuses on three writing types: narrative, information and opinion. Each workbook's content is developmentally appropriate and scaffolded to progressively move students toward stronger understanding and greater independence in writing. Each workbook also contains templates at the end of each section for further practice. Workbooks include a brief overview of the course and each of the writing topics are introduced and taught. See the publisher's web site for a teacher's guide to use these in a classroom. See leveled books for more information on content and style. 86 pgs, pb. ~ Deanne
These materials focus on providing writing practice and offer little to no instruction.