- 525 pages
- 40 prepositions introduced
- Materials presented in an easy manner
- Capitalization and punctuation rules presented a few at a time with practice for just those rules
- Contains cumulative reviews and cumulative tests for increased mastery
- Includes reviews and tests at the end of the units
- Includes many teacher ideas and strategies for very easy teaching and learning
- Writing section "teaches" how to write items in a series and appositives
- Pre/Post assessments
- See "Scope and Sequence" for content
- Reproducible worksheets (answer key on left side and reproducible page on right)
- Tests are also in the teacher edition
Mastery of basic grammar facts. Independent student work. Lots of review and practice. That’s what Easy Grammar provides. It’s convenient and takes no teacher prep time. The general idea is to introduce grammar gently to young students (Easy Grammar Daily Guided Teaching, grades 1-2). The middle school years (grades 3-7) focus on systematic instruction and provide lots of practice to master the basics as well as daily review. The secondary years (Easy Grammar Ultimate, grades 8-12) continue daily review, coupled with some advanced instruction. The courses vary in structure at different grade levels. Grades 3-6 are similar in structure but grade-level appropriate. Easy Grammar Plus is a course that can be used either in 7th grade or as a complete grammar review for older students. Daily Grams, available for grades 3-7, supplements and complements the EG series by providing daily review.
Each grade level Teacher Edition provides bite-size lessons, student practice and assessment pages, and those same pages with answers filled in. Both the practice pages and the tests are reproducible for families. Student Workbooks include lesson and practice pages. Test Books (available for Grades 3 and up) provide pre and post tests as well as sectional tests. Grade level Sets include the Teacher Edition, Student Book and Test Book (if available for that level).
These materials offer a complete and comprehensive coverage of all three elements - grammar (i.e. parts of speech, complete sentences), usage (i.e. homophones, figures of speech, proper word choice to convey meaning), and mechanics (i.e. punctuation, capitalization).